By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jason1637 said:
Titanfall 2 hit the EA Access vault today.

Very nice. Still have a voucher for a month of EA Access. Time to redeem it.

Around the Network

Barozi said:

Summary for June:

18 achievements for Typoman: Revised - 800G
16 achievements for SpeedRunners - 770G
10 achievements for Refunct - 1000G
10 achievements for Active Soccer 2 DX - 1000G
15 achievements for The Turing Test - 1000G
20 achievements for Party Hard - 725G
29 achievements for Ryse: Son of Rome - 760G
25 achievements for Her Majesty's Spiffing - 1000G
6 achievements for Need For Speed - 390G
10 achievements for Mortal Kombat XL - 355G
12 achievements for Shred It! - 540G
8 achievements for Unnamed Fiasco - 550G
10 achievements for Cel Damage HD - 480G
30 achievements for Letter Quest Remastered - 395G
6 achievements for Vertical Drop Heroes - 350G
17 achievements for Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered - 225G
3 achievements for #IDARB - 275G
4 achievements for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - 120G
6 achievements for Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - 130G
10 achievements for Hitman - 190G
2 achievements for 101 Ways to Die - 100G
5 achievements for Yasai Ninja - 130G
2 achievements for FIFA 17 - 120G
6 achievements for Albedo - 190G
15 achievements for Zoo Tycoon - 140G
3 achievements for Solar Shifter EX - 150G
1 achievement for Slash Dash - 100G
2 achievements for Amazing Princess Sarah - 100G
3 achievements for Trackmania Turbo - 45G
4 achievements for Borderlands - 70G (360)
2 achievements for Madden NFL 17 - 55G
7 achievements for Rise of the Tomb Raider - 70G
5 achievements for Halo The Master Chief Collection - 50G
6 achievements for Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition - 70G
1 achievement for NHL 17 - 15G
1 achievement for Gems of War - 15G
1 achievement for Assassin's Creed III - 20G (360)
1 achievement for Zuma's Revenge - 30G (360)
1 achievement for Medal of Honor Airborne - 20G (360)
1 achievement for Final Fantasy XV - 10G

Overall: 334 achievements - 12,555G
(June '16: 301 achievements - 6,770G)

Very good month, especially when you consider that I wasn't even at home for the first 5 days of the month.
Completed tons of games this month. FIFA 17 (Journey), Typoman, SpeedRunners, Ryse, Refunct, Active Soccer 2 DX, Her Majesty's Spiffing and The Turing Test.

Summary for July:

9 achievements for Doom - 370G
10 achievements for Momonga Pinball Adventures - 1000G
33 achievements for Runbow - 470G
13 achievements for Monochroma - 1000G
33 achievements for Broken Sword 5- 1000G
14 achievements for King Oddball - 780G
32 achievements for Recore - 750G
9 achievements for Bridge Constructor Stunts - 900G
9 achievements for Four Sided Fantasy - 700G
30 achievements for Letter Quest Remastered - 605G
40 achievements for Game of Thrones A Telltale Game Series - 800G
28 achievements for Tales from the Borderlands - 800G
10 achievements for Cel Damage HD - 480G
30 achievements for Letter Quest Remastered - 395G
8 achievements for Talent not Included - 650G
6 achievements for Cell Damage HD - 520G
8 achievements for Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man - 385G
16 achievements for Call of Duty Black Ops III - 310G
20 achievements for Forza Motorsport 5 - 185G
7 achievements for Mortal Kombat X - 160G
17 achievements for Back to the Future - The Game - 285G
7 achievements for Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered - 165G
8 achievements for Crypt of the Serpent King - 240G
6 achievements for Hitman - 95G
3 achievements for Kalimba - 70G
3 achievements for The Witness - 175G
3 achievements for 101 Ways to Die - 70G
3 achievements for The Bridge - 115G
3 achievements for Super Party Sports Football - 50G
4 achievements for Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - 45G (360)
1 achievement for Shred It! - 50G
1 achievement for The Sun and Moon - 50G
1 achievement for Saints Row IV Re-Elected - 10G

Overall: 385 achievements - 12,805G
(June '16: 226 achievements - 5,810G)

Even better than June.
Completed Momonga, Runbow, Monochroma, Broken Sword 5, King Oddball, Bridge Constructor Stunts, Four Sided Fantasy, Letter Quest Remastered, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands, Cel Damage HD, CoD Modern Warfare Remastered, Crypt of the Serpent King

Momonga is a pinball game that differs from the traditional genre. There is a story mode in which 
you complete ~10 different levels. The game is a bit luck based, but overall quite fair. While 
gameplay is acceptable, the game itself is really short. The campaign offers not more than an hour 
worth of content. However if you try to get every achievement, you can complete it in 6 hours. 
6/10

Runbow was one of July's Games with Gold titles. It's a platformer that can be played with tons of 
other players or alone. It features a vast campaign with about 150 different levels. Each of them 
is about 30 seconds long, but you're bound to fail a lot of them multiple times. What makes it 
difficult is that during each level, different kind of colours will move through the screen, 
hiding or revealing platforms to get through the level. This makes the game quite challenging. 
Unfortunately the movement set is not very good. You have a jump and double jump, a punch, a dash 
punch, an uppercut dash punch and a butt attack. While jumping works most of the time, the punch 
dashes are quite annoying. You can't jump after doing them and when you execute them, your 
characters movement will come to a complete halt, ruining the pace of the game. The level design 
is also not very inspiring most of the time. Many set pieces are repeating from previous levels. I 
admire the game's content but the gameplay and level design make it quite mediocre. I completed 
the game (without completing all levels) in 4 hours and 30 minutes. 5.5/10

Monochroma is a platformer similar in style and gameplay to Limbo. The puzzles are quite good for 
the most part and not too tricky. As a platformer though, it sucks. Every animation is terribly 
delayed and takes far too much time to execute. The art style is very dark with some bits of red 
here and there. That makes it sometimes really hard to see what belongs to the background and what 
you can interact with. There are also a few graphical glitches to be found in almost every level. 
It just feels a bit unfinished. Completed the game in 4 hours and 30 minutes. If it just copied 
the gameplay of any other platformer however, I would instantly recommend this game, but as it is 
now, I give it a 6/10.

Broken Sword 5 is truly a point and click adventure, unlike most games in the series nowadays. The 
art style in this game is beautiful due to the hand drawn backgrounds and characters. The story 
revolves around a stolen painting and the murder of its owner. The characters are quite funny and 
likeable. The puzzles however range from simple to logical to mind blowingly crazy stuff that you 
would have never thought of. Naturally, there's only one way to solve them, even though you came 
up with a different but still completely logical and obvious solution. Animations can be a bit 
annoying in this game too. When you try to talk to someone, they first need to finish their drawn 
out animation only to hear them respond with "yes?" or "what is it?" until you can finally select 
a question. As the game has quite a few missabl achievements, I used a guide, but only if I had 
to. I beat the game in 8 hours and 30 minutes, but without the guide, you're looking at 10 hours 
and more. 7.5/10

King Oddball 6.5/10 (already shared my impressions)

Bridge Constructor Stunts is a physics puzzler with the new addition to drive the cars yourself.
It's mostly like the first one, where you had to cross one or more gaps with bridges to the end of 
the level, just a tad more crazy designs are needed this time. Had my 1000G after a play time of 8 
hours and 20 minutes (of which a lot is grinding). 6/10

Four Sided Fantasy 6.5/10 (already shared my impressions)

Letter Quest Remastered. I feel like I've already given my impressions but can't find them. You 
need to construct words out of a bunch of letters to damage opponents. The longer the word and 
rarer the letter, the more damage you do. There are also different temporal effects such as self 
damaging letters or letters that don't do damage at all. You can upgrade your weapon and books 
that give you several different upgrades. It's very simple gameplay-wise but still entertaining.
After 21 hours and 20 minutes I finally got my 1000G. 7.5/10

Tales from the Borderlands 7/10 (already shared my impressions)

Game of Thrones A Telltale Game Series is IMO a lot better than its reputation among critics and 
gamers. Hell I barely watch Game of Thrones (somewhere in the middle of the 2nd season) and still 
found it to be quite entertaining. The story is about House Forrester, which to my knowledge is 
officially part of the Game of Thrones lore, but not directly talked about in the TV series (maybe 
in the books?). You play as different members of the family (and the squire), which all live on 
different parts of the known world. There's Mira, a handmaiden to Margaery at King's Landing; 
Gared Tuttle, the Forrester's squire who was sent to the Wall, Asher who was sent to exile to 
Essos and Rodrik, the Lord of House Forrester. Along the way you meet several character known from 
the show such as Tyrion, Daenerys and John Snow. Gameplay-wise the game offers far more than Tales 
from the Borderlands. There are several scenes where you can freely control your character(s) 
through sets. There are actual puzzles in the game, which are still kinda basic but at least they 
are there. I enjoyed it a lot more than TftB (nice abbreviation right?). Sure it's not funny at 
all, but there are quite a few likeable characters to be found and I felt like there's much more 
at stake when making a decision. Violence is also toned down a bit. There is a lot of death and 
rolling heads, but I feel the series is a bit more drastic in that regard. There is however no sex 
at all. Might not sound surprising as the gaming scene is very prudish, it's still disappointing 
as it doesn't quite fit with the rest of the show. Despite having 6 instead of the usual 5 
episodes, the game was with 12 hours and 30 minutes just as long as TftB. 7.5/10

Cell Damage HD 5/10 (already shared my impressions)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered. Again I feel like I've talked about a few times but can't 
find it so here's my final impression. The game saw a huge update graphically, new achievements 
have been added, the game is much harder than previous CoD games, even on lower difficulties. I 
really had a hard time at first, even though I finished it on Veteran on 360. The levels feel 
better structured than (for example) BlOps3 and there is much more on stake, which makes it far 
more fun. The atomic explosion is still a powerful scene. I really hope they do a remaster on MW2 
as well. 9.5/10

Crypt of the Serpent King is a shitty game. There's absolutely nothing positiv to say about it... 
other than it being pretty cheap. Gameplay is pure shit, level design doesn't even deserve the 
word shit and enemy AI is as simplistic and stupid as it gets. There is no fun to be had, you have 
to finish the game 3 times on all 3 difficulties to get the 1000G. I only got through the game on 
easy thus far. 0.5/10

I played a lot and got plenty of achievements in July. But it still isn't even a half of Barozi's gamerscore :P

Silent Hill: Homecoming - 32 achievements / 1000G

Clouds & Sheep 2 - 24 achievements / 1000G

Her Majesty's SPIFFING - 25 achievements / 1000G

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 26 achievements / 225G

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - 16 achievements / 275G

Virginia - 6 achievements / 461G

Final Fantasy XV - 5 achievements / 90G

Forza Horizon 3 - 6 achievements / 110G

Star Wars Battlefront - 6 achievements / 140G

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 4 achievements / 150G

Halo Wars 2 - 9 achievements / 90G

Fortnite - 12 achievements / 140G

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - 4 achievements / 75G

= total of 4756 gamerscore

Any Twin Peaks fans out here? I'd recommend Virginia to anyone who enjoys the mysteries of Twin Peaks and David Lynch's surreal stuff. And watch the new season, it's so good you won't believe it :P 

I'm now downloading Titanfall 2 to play this month. I will focus less on achievements and try to play more Gears of War 4. Maybe finally play Bioshock 2 also. I started playing ReCore again and I try to finish it but man it's hard to pick up where I left. Oh and I already pre-ordered the deluxe edition of Life is Strange season 2 :) Can't wait!

KiigelHeart said:

I played a lot and got plenty of achievements in July. But it still isn't even a half of Barozi's gamerscore :P

Silent Hill: Homecoming - 32 achievements / 1000G

Clouds & Sheep 2 - 24 achievements / 1000G

Her Majesty's SPIFFING - 25 achievements / 1000G

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 26 achievements / 225G

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - 16 achievements / 275G

Virginia - 6 achievements / 461G

Final Fantasy XV - 5 achievements / 90G

Forza Horizon 3 - 6 achievements / 110G

Star Wars Battlefront - 6 achievements / 140G

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 4 achievements / 150G

Halo Wars 2 - 9 achievements / 90G

Fortnite - 12 achievements / 140G

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - 4 achievements / 75G

= total of 4756 gamerscore

Any Twin Peaks fans out here? I'd recommend Virginia to anyone who enjoys the mysteries of Twin Peaks and David Lynch's surreal stuff. And watch the new season, it's so good you won't believe it :P 

I'm now downloading Titanfall 2 to play this month. I will focus less on achievements and try to play more Gears of War 4. Maybe finally play Bioshock 2 also. I started playing ReCore again and I try to finish it but man it's hard to pick up where I left. Oh and I already pre-ordered the deluxe edition of Life is Strange season 2 :) Can't wait!

so what do you do with Fortnite? Sell it? Keep it?
I mean it's at least worth some money right now. That will change in half a year...
or did you buy it digitally?

Around the Network

I bought Fortnite digitally.. Are they really selling physical copies of f2p game? Damnit.. 40€ for a free game. I mean, I've bought fifa-packs worth nothing, t-shirts for avatars etc and never felt like I've wasted my money like I did with Fortnite 😁 I wish I bought some useless Gears4 packs instead.

Don't feel like playing the game at all anymore either. I'm surprised how well received it is though.. I don't get gamers sometimes. It's based on grinding, microtransactions and rng packs yet now people are fine with it 😐

When I played Runbow I was pretty disappointed because I thought it would be good since it got so many sales when it first came out on Wii U. I'd also give the game a 5.5/10.

KiigelHeart said:
I bought Fortnite digitally.. Are they really selling physical copies of f2p game? Damnit.. 40€ for a free game. I mean, I've bought fifa-packs worth nothing, t-shirts for avatars etc and never felt like I've wasted my money like I did with Fortnite 😁 I wish I bought some useless Gears4 packs instead.

Don't feel like playing the game at all anymore either. I'm surprised how well received it is though.. I don't get gamers sometimes. It's based on grinding, microtransactions and rng packs yet now people are fine with it 😐

If you have played it for less than 2 hours you could still get it refunded.

jason1637 said:
KiigelHeart said:

Well i did not know that and I already played it more than two hours. Damnit guys are you just twisting the knife on purpose? 😅

KiigelHeart said:
jason1637 said:

Well i did not know that and I already played it more than two hours. Damnit guys are you just twisting the knife on purpose? 😅

You can always hit up MS support and ask for a refund regardless. They gave me a complete refund for the the digital collectors edition of Destiny (which was like 100 bucks or so) after I'd played it like non-stop for about a month and a half. I had hundreds of hours playtime easy. I just complained about how it was falsely marketed and shit until they gave in. You could always try the same here....bitch about how they lured you into thinking it was a standard game production, rather than some soon to be F2P garbage lol