By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

200k insiders is impressive. A lot more than I expected.

Around the Network

Looking at the achievement unlock percentage it looks like gears 4 was only beat by 31% of owners and halo 5 was 35% I think. That's not very good If u ask me. Gears being lower while having the better received campaign is especially troubling to me. I don't see how that number goes anywhere but down. Halo 6 could go up with a better campaign. I feel like maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to split the coalition and 343 into 2 team devs. 1 doing multiplayer only titles in their respective series and the other team making new story driven games.

That being said I love halo and it would hurt to see that happen. On the gears side I couldn't care less. That story ended with the third game for me.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
Looking at the achievement unlock percentage it looks like gears 4 was only beat by 31% of owners and halo 5 was 35% I think. That's not very good If u ask me. Gears being lower while having the better received campaign is especially troubling to me. I don't see how that number goes anywhere but down. Halo 6 could go up with a better campaign. I feel like maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to split the coalition and 343 into 2 team devs. 1 doing multiplayer only titles in their respective series and the other team making new story driven games.

That being said I love halo and it would hurt to see that happen. On the gears side I couldn't care less. That story ended with the third game for me.

Considering how mediocre the Halo 5 campaign is I'd say 35% of people completing it is a good thing.

hudsoniscool said:

But 31% completing a campaign isn't bad at all. Just compare it to other single-player only games. I think years ago I read some dev saying only around 20% of people playing a game finish it. I think gamers who try alot of games but hardly ever complete them are the huge audience they are trying to reach with xbox game pass.

Anyway, look at the unlock percentage for Gears 4 multiplayer achievements. Only 12% of gamers played enough mp to reach lvl50 and you really don't have to play much to reach that. Gears would die without the campaign imo and I think it would be a terrible decicion. Especially because The Coalition did a great job with the story despite poor character development. It was better than Gears 1 or 3.

hudsoniscool said:

hehe I beat Halo 5 but not Gears 4.
Honestly 34.4% for Halo 5 is really high considering it was part of the Free Play Days one year ago and being included in the Xbox Game Pass. Also 2/3 of all people who started Halo 5 finished the first mission. So half of all players who started the campaign also finished it.
Also I really enjoyed the campaign in Halo 5...

Around the Network

I also really enjoyed the campaign in Halo 5, played it twice. 34,4% is indeed really high for a game that was free to play. I have absolutely nothing to do at work atm so I checked a few games on trueachievements. Let's see how many finished these games:

Fallout 4 - 21,71%
Halo 3 (normal difficulty) - 22,44%
Bishock Infinite (360) - 40,41%
Quantum Break - 29,23%
The Witcher 3 - 21,46%
Ori and the Blind Forest - 14,38% !!!!
Dishonored 2 - low chaos 9,28% high chaos 12,94%
Far Cry Primal - 28,23%
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 26,05%
Forza Horizon 3 final showcase - 19,22%
Gears of War 3 - 35,10%
Skyrim (360) - 31,24%
GTA V (360) - 31,35%

Gears of War 2 was actually almost 50% which is pretty impressive. It's the best Gears campaign though but still.

edit. then there is ReCore.. 2,99% completed it. I didn't and I don't really feel like going back and finish it. Maybe some day.

Ridiculous indie sale this week!

Barozi said:

So nothing good then......

So Gears of War 4 will get a 4k update, but both campaign and horde will still be 30fps. That sucks, 4k is cool and all but 1080p/60fps would be sweet. It would significantly improve horde experience. Right now it's impossible to jump from versus to horde or campaign.. But why do we care about 60fps?

Angelus said:
Barozi said:

So nothing good then......

lot of crap but also a few good ones.

Letter Quest and The Turing Test are supposed to be pretty good.
Also Hitman Season 1 and its episodes if you already own the base game.