By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

just fucking port Plants vs. Zombies 2 to consoles.....

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Gamespot says the recently announced Namco Bandai JRPG Code Vein is coming to XB1.

Good. This game looks really promising. 

shikamaru317 said:
Gamespot says the recently announced Namco Bandai JRPG Code Vein is coming to XB1.

That's the good news but still this is just rumours

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Even though the target audience is different, I wish Microsoft would do a big yearly conference to show all their new products.

I wasn't convinced about a Microsoft handheld, but since Xbox and PC are becoming one platform, a small Surface variance targeting gamer would help them secure more exclusives. A small handheld device that would run Xbox games at a lower setting.

I thought about it as well. But I don't see it coming for at least 3 years from now. The hardware which will be able to run Xbox One games on a handheld device doesn't exist and it is impossible to make something like this as of now. Nintendo Switch in portable mode is underpowered a lot compared to Xbox One and it doesn't have a great battery life when playing AAA games. Microsoft can try to make a special gaming edition surface tablet which maybe is possible with current hardware but it won't be as portable as Switch so I don't think it will attract handheld crowd a lot.

shikamaru317 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

That's the good news but still this is just rumours

Technically yes, but the last time Gamespot did this, when Tekken 7 was first announced for consoles, they turned out to be right about it releasing on XB1 (and this was during a time when XB1 was losing alot of other Japanese fighters, so it wouldn't have made sense for them to put XB1 without knowing for sure). And it just so happens that they are both Namco Bandai titles, so who knows, maybe Gamespot has a really good source at Namco Bandai. 

Maybe. Also kinda strange that this game seems to not be coming to PC at least according to currently available info. I don't remember Japanese games releasing on XB1 and not on PC except for Valkyria Revolution which port was probably paid by MS. 

Around the Network

Well, it will be some popcorn action movie, don't expect it to be the next movie to get an Oscar for screenplay or something

^^^^ at least universal hiring him to write it shows they want to make the movie happen. It could be stuck in development hell like the halo and mass effect movie

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Goatseye said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
Even though the target audience is different, I wish Microsoft would do a big yearly conference to show all their new products.

I wasn't convinced about a Microsoft handheld, but since Xbox and PC are becoming one platform, a small Surface variance targeting gamer would help them secure more exclusives. A small handheld device that would run Xbox games at a lower setting.

No one but Nintendo can pull that nowadays.

Microsoft is already doing that with Xbox one & Scorpio. Why not add a third weaker option, the handheld?

derpysquirtle64 said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

I thought about it as well. But I don't see it coming for at least 3 years from now. The hardware which will be able to run Xbox One games on a handheld device doesn't exist and it is impossible to make something like this as of now. Nintendo Switch in portable mode is underpowered a lot compared to Xbox One and it doesn't have a great battery life when playing AAA games. Microsoft can try to make a special gaming edition surface tablet which maybe is possible with current hardware but it won't be as portable as Switch so I don't think it will attract handheld crowd a lot.

I wasn't thinking about a "Xbox level games", I said a the same games running at a lower setting. 

Surface team needs to do their magic and build a handheld gaming device that would cost $249-$300. 

I have two concerns:

- Would the people who usually buy handhelds be interested on home console games? Or would they prefer lighter and simpler games? Nintendo games are better suited for this than Gears, COD or Battlefield. 

- In three years when Microsoft releases Scorpio 2, how would this weak device fare? Scorpio would be the standard then. Would developer work on a device weaker than Xbox One? This idea would work Vetter if we have a traditional console generations and a handheld would release along with the new console.

shikamaru317 said:

Well this sucks:

They mention bringing "fun back to mobile", so I have a bad feeling they won't be making console releases anymore, which means the Garden Warfare series most likely got axed. Peggle isn't mentioned to be in development either, just Bejewled and Plants vs Zombies

That's unfortunate.  They are one of my favourite developers, top three actually.  I hope the best for them.

Them and Bioware were missed opportunities for Microsoft. Imagine them as part of Microsoft Studios team!

shikamaru317 said:

Well this sucks:

They mention bringing "fun back to mobile", so I have a bad feeling they won't be making console releases anymore, which means the Garden Warfare series most likely got axed. Peggle isn't mentioned to be in development either, just Bejewled and Plants vs Zombies

I actually like that. I liked Popcap more when it was throwing out smaller, enjoyable titles that was on every single platform you could imagine.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--