By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vgchartz!!! ioi deceived us, hardware up to May 16th is up!!!!!!! Check weekly hardware comparison to see all updated weeks

Tagged games:

Nice. No real surprises.

I personally enjoy seeing how Wii-U and Vita do about the same numbers on a weekly basis....one just sells less in NA, and the other in Japan.

Around the Network

Nicely done ioi. Bringing us pretty much up to date with hardware is much appreciated.

I was not expecting PS4 to be >50% already. That is pretty huge.will be interesting to see if holiday sales of xb one in the USA and UK can bring it back under. With a wiiU price cut that must sure come this year things will be interesting. Though PS4 will have a price cut too.

Good to see a measure of normality returning to the charts. I hope it stays that way.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Teeqoz said:

I have an additional explanation to why the XBO is up so much, besides the unbundling of kinect and the pricecut. That reason is that MS announced the kinectless SKU sometime late in april iirc, and sales took a nosedive. I'd presume they did it in the week ending the 18th, as that's when the massive upwards increase began (went from 36% up to 65% up :-o )

Kinect unbundling was announced May 13, so it was announced week ending May 16.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

well it's about f'ing time.

binary solo said:
Nicely done ioi. Bringing us pretty much up to date with hardware is much appreciated.

I was not expecting PS4 to be >50% already. That is pretty huge.will be interesting to see if holiday sales of xb one in the USA and UK can bring it back under. With a wiiU price cut that must sure come this year things will be interesting. Though PS4 will have a price cut too.

Good to see a measure of normality returning to the charts. I hope it stays that way.

I can answer that already with a "hell no" lol. PS4 easily outsold XB1 last holiday globally despite the massive price cut and bundles for XB1. It's not going from that to a massive XB1 win all of a sudden. PS4 will be at ~52-53% marketshare by the time the holiday season dawns upon us.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Welfare said:
Teeqoz said:

I have an additional explanation to why the XBO is up so much, besides the unbundling of kinect and the pricecut. That reason is that MS announced the kinectless SKU sometime late in april iirc, and sales took a nosedive. I'd presume they did it in the week ending the 18th, as that's when the massive upwards increase began (went from 36% up to 65% up :-o )

Kinect unbundling was announced May 13, so it was announced week ending May 16.

Oh wow lol, my memory is worse than I thought.

arcaneguyver said:
Nice. No real surprises.

I personally enjoy seeing how Wii-U and Vita do about the same numbers on a weekly basis....one just sells less in NA, and the other in Japan.

Why do people say that Vita can beat Wii U only with Japan? 
Take a look at the newest sales:
Europe is better.
Rest of the world is better. 

It is like saying Wii U can only beat Vita thanks North America.

Dr.Vita said:
arcaneguyver said:
Nice. No real surprises.

Europe is better.

Holidays.

And Vita is probabily overtracked.

Ka-pi96 said:
Mummelmann said:

Yeah, mandatory Kinect was by far the worst choice MS made for the One.

Sarcasm... right?

No, actually it's not. Mandatory Kinect was an even bigger disaster than the DRM issues they reversed on. I wrote about this in the UNITY thread, Kinect as a gaming peripheral does not blend well with the current Xbox image and mostly appeals to a segment of gamers that are gone from home consoles, it is therefore an attempt at a strategy I am no fan of; forced market convergence.
Not to mention the fact that it forced the price up 100$ above the PS4.

Mandatory Kinect was a catastrophe.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Dr.Vita said:

Europe is better.

Holidays.

And Vita is probabily overtracked.

Holidays? With which game will Wii U dominate holidays? And Vita is probably getting a huge price-cut which will obviously give the hardware a very very huge boost! And with new bundles and a little bit of marketing I can see Vita beating Wii U in the holidays! E3 will be very interesting for Vita imo. 

Overtracked? You know that Vita is still undertracked in 2014 and Wii U is still overtracked in 2014? And 2015 is probably also undertracked for PS Vita. China numbers are way too low, January and February are still undertracked in North America (look at NPD numbers). Just because Vita is outselling Wii U doesn't mean that it is overtracked. Wii U got much more love, support, marketing and exclusive games than Vita since 2015 and Vita still could outsell it. And don't come with holidays, we don't know what we will see this holidays for both consoles.