By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why gets Microsoft a Free Pass when it comes to droughts unlike Sony for this year?

This thread is a freakin joke... Facts bloodborne delayed a month from February 2015 to march 2015. Also, the order 1886 was supposed to be holiday title 2014 but was delayed to 2015. The facts that Sony had such a strong 2015 was simply because of their lackluster performance for holiday 2014. you also fail to mention the big picture .... There only a drought of exclusive if there nothing else to replace first party games like on the WiiU. Has a Xbox one owner there has not been a drought in 2015... Dying light in January ...evolve in February ... March was a huge month with Screamride, Ori and the blind Forest, Battlefield hardline, Project cars... April slower with Mortal kombat X and State of decay... witcher 3 in March. This is what you call a drought, why don't you ask a WiiU owner and see what a real drought.

Sure your focus is on exclusivity drought but that what make Xbox one and Ps4 superior to WiiU ... Third party more then make up for lack of console exclusive. Beside as fan of games in general, we're the real loser when you can't play game because of console exclusivity. Console exclusivity isn't really something that should be celebrated.

With all the new games, Hd remastered and indie games release this year on Xbox one there really no reason for me to even consider getting a PS4. Sure, I admit that bloodborne might be a great game and a wonderful experience but there more then enough other games to make up for it on Xbox one. Beside, Sunset overdrive was an amazing game that I hope PS4 owner get to experience one day. I'd rather be a fan of games then a fan of taking side in a console war. I chosen to invest my money in Xbox but doesn't mean I don't respect or want to play game exclusive to PS4. I may just yet get one in 2-3 year when price drop. I already own two consoles in Xbox one and Wiiu ... pS4 can wait when I will buy one to play the 3-4 worthwhile exclusive at a discount.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:

This thread is a freakin joke... Facts bloodborne delayed a month from February 2015 to march 2015. Also, the order 1886 was supposed to be holiday title 2014 but was delayed to 2015. The facts that Sony had such a strong 2015 was simply because of their lackluster performance for holiday 2014. you also fail to mention the big picture .... There only a drought of exclusive if there nothing else to replace first party games like on the WiiU. Has a Xbox one owner there has not been a drought in 2015... Dying light in January ...evolve in February ... March was a huge month with Screamride, Ori and the blind Forest, Battlefield hardline, Project cars... April slower with Mortal kombat X and State of decay... witcher 3 in March. This is what you call a drought, why don't you ask a WiiU owner and see what a real drought.

Sure your focus is on exclusivity drought but that what make Xbox one and Ps4 superior to WiiU ... Third more then make up for lack of console exclusive. Beside as fan of games in general, we're the real loser when you can't play game because of console exclusivity. Console exclusivity isn't really something that should be celebrated.

With all the new games, Hd remastered and indie games release this year on Xbox one there really no reason for me to even consider getting a PS4. Sure, I admit that bloodborne might be a great game and a wonderful experience but there more then enough other games to make up for it on Xbox one. Beside, Sunset overdrive was an amazing game that I hope PS4 owner get to experience one day. I'd rather be a fan of games then a fan of taking side in a console war. I chosen to invest my money in Xbox but doesn't mean I don't respect or want to play game exclusive to PS4. I may just yet get one in 2-3 year when price drop. I already own two consoles in Xbox one and Wiiu ... pS4 can wait when I will buy one to play the 3-4 worthwhile exclusive at a discount.

Ahh xbox fanboys,there is funniest!

Moderated - Starcraft

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Ruler said:

The Xbox One has no exclusive AAA games so far and will continiue having no Major releases until at the very end of September when Halo 5 comes out. Thats 9 entire Months with no games. 

Yet if Sony delivers games like Bloodborne, Order, Until Dawn until august and comes in a situation where they have a drought for 3 months people are so disspointed about Sony and saying this and that. Even before E3 has started.

Yet where is the same critisim for MS having no games for 9 entire Months?

That's all down to opinion on what you would consider AAA though. 

If people bought the Xbox One for games like Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, Halo Master Chief Collection, Forza Horizon 2, Titanfall, Screamride, etc then they probably already feel like they got their moneys worth and are happy with it because they got the console for those specific games.

Kind of like how pepole say the souls games are a niche series, when in that case Bloodborne wouldn't be AAA either. 

I also feel like it comes down to more of how Sony has been delaying games recently while Microsoft still has a lot planned for the rest of 2015, but anything can change, especially around E3, so you never know what might be announced.

I would also imagine Sony is being held to a higher standard because they are in the lead this generation. If they are in the lead you would imagine they would be releasing a lot of strong first party games to keep up that success, but they are actually doing the opposite and not really releasing anything at all.

But none of them get a free pass. 

If there is truth to this, it likely related in some way to the unrealistic expectation that the PS4's gaming success match its sales success:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=203377&page=2#72

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Aerys said:
This thread is obviously about exclusives , why people feel the need to play dumb to avoid the subject, he can just edit his post to say what he wanted to say initially

You aren't even the thread creator and yet you're very defensive about the way he worded the OP.

Of course he is. He feels OP is in his "team" while I am not (nice to say "people" while obviously meaning me to avoid moderation).

Thing is, the OP is so bad, I am surprised the thread is still in a "good" state ;)

No i'm just not blind, he clearly says " no exclusive " so he talks about exclusive

And stop being childish, it hurts my eyes to read you

Moderated - Starcraft

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
walsufnir said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Aerys said:
This thread is obviously about exclusives , why people feel the need to play dumb to avoid the subject, he can just edit his post to say what he wanted to say initially

You aren't even the thread creator and yet you're very defensive about the way he worded the OP.

Of course he is. He feels OP is in his "team" while I am not (nice to say "people" while obviously meaning me to avoid moderation).

Thing is, the OP is so bad, I am surprised the thread is still in a "good" state ;)

No i'm just not blind, he clearly says " no exclusive " so he talks about exclusive

And stop being childish, it hurts my eyes to read you

I won't stop and the OP was edited a few minutes ago. Whether to request the OP to be good and well thought through is childish is of course totally subjective but you already made your decision on that.

xl-klaudkil said:

So we can assume you are not the author of this. Then we can assume you got the picture from somewhere else which leads us to the assumption that this picture has been used in other threads/forums. Now is it safe to assume that given this picture MS got a free pass in every thread/forum where it was used? Unlikely. /thread

Playing dumb when you perfectly understand what he means is childish yes, if he says no game, it's obvious he talks about exclusives, since everyone here know Ori

But this kind of simple logic is too much it seems

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Playing dumb when you perfectly understand what he means is childish yes, if he says no game, it's obvious he talks about exclusives, since everyone here know Ori

But this kind of simple logic is too much it seems

Just ignore him. He knows we're talking about big exclusives but he won't admit it and it's pretty obvious why.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"