By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why gets Microsoft a Free Pass when it comes to droughts unlike Sony for this year?

iceland said:
I give them a free pass because MS pays me to do so.

Lucky. 

My check from Sony is late this month. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Ruler said:
twintail said:
Ms has released 2 games BTW.

Ori and scream ride

both are not AAA exclusives, i can count countless of PS4 Indie titles and Japanese titles who came out this year exclusiveley for PS4

Beginning with the incredibly addicting Helldivers <3 ^^

So, I don't know why that is so. Sony has great games this year, even quite a lot of 'medium' games on which Sony seems to be focussing a bit more (just look at all these smaller games that were announced at E3 and Gamescom last year) . I can only speak for myself but with everything Sony delivered this year exclusively and semi-exclusive (PC and PS4 only) and then even counting in some 3rd parties I have barely enough time to play everything I'd like. So I don't see why there are complaints in the first place. But it sure is funny, besides Ori there was nearly nothing mentionable on Microsoft's side but noone seems to care. Guess Sony-Bashing is 'in' right now. 

(Z->)90°-(E-N²W)90°t=1

Ali_16x said:
yvanjean said:

This thread is a freakin joke... Facts bloodborne delayed a month from February 2015 to march 2015. Also, the order 1886 was supposed to be holiday title 2014 but was delayed to 2015. The facts that Sony had such a strong 2015 was simply because of their lackluster performance for holiday 2014. you also fail to mention the big picture .... There only a drought of exclusive if there nothing else to replace first party games like on the WiiU. Has a Xbox one owner there has not been a drought in 2015... Dying light in January ...evolve in February ... March was a huge month with Screamride, Ori and the blind Forest, Battlefield hardline, Project cars... April slower with Mortal kombat X and State of decay... witcher 3 in March. This is what you call a drought, why don't you ask a WiiU owner and see what a real drought.

Sure your focus is on exclusivity drought but that what make Xbox one and Ps4 superior to WiiU ... Third party more then make up for lack of console exclusive. Beside as fan of games in general, we're the real loser when you can't play game because of console exclusivity. Console exclusivity isn't really something that should be celebrated.

With all the new games, Hd remastered and indie games release this year on Xbox one there really no reason for me to even consider getting a PS4. Sure, I admit that bloodborne might be a great game and a wonderful experience but there more then enough other games to make up for it on Xbox one. Beside, Sunset overdrive was an amazing game that I hope PS4 owner get to experience one day. I'd rather be a fan of games then a fan of taking side in a console war. I chosen to invest my money in Xbox but doesn't mean I don't respect or want to play game exclusive to PS4. I may just yet get one in 2-3 year when price drop. I already own two consoles in Xbox one and Wiiu ... pS4 can wait when I will buy one to play the 3-4 worthwhile exclusive at a discount.

Bloodborne being delayed too March doesn't change anything, it would still be released Q1. And even without The Order the PS4 still has MLB 15, Until Dawn, Tearaway and Dragon Quest Heroes before the holidays. 

Also why are you mentioning multi-plats? This is a thread talking about exclusives.

Lol it's amazing how you just draw away from the topic which is Xbox and go to Wii U. Whatever you think about the Wii U doesn't matter here, this is about PS4 and XBO.

Read the title of the thread.... The question is why has an Xbox owner I am not bothered by the lack of exclusivity or supposed drought. The answer is pretty easy 3rd party game. Hence, the WiiU reference.  The title of the thread is also clearly asking about Microsoft issue. If your only a Ps4 owner your lack of insight clearly prevent you from giving an informed opinion. 

If there no exclusive game then I'm simply going to spend my money on Multi platform games. Just because it's exclusive doesn't mean it's a great game just look at the review for Ryse, Fighter Within, Order 1886, Killzone, etc. 

I bought 6 games so far this year.... Dying Light, Battlefield Hardline, Ori and the blind forest, Borderlands: handsome collection, State of Decay and Witcher 3. Spent a surprise large amount of time playing two free games .... Never Winter and Raymand legends(games with gold). 2015 so far has been a good year for both console owners. The remastered games is helping feel in the void left in between AAA release.

Have you even purchase all of Sony's exclusive games this year??? MLB 15, Bloodborne, Order 1886 and the dozens of meaningless Indie that was added to the PS4 only list.  The entire thread is made simply because you finally have a truth console exclusive game in Bloodborne and you can officially justify bying your PS4.

yvanjean said:
Ali_16x said:

Bloodborne being delayed too March doesn't change anything, it would still be released Q1. And even without The Order the PS4 still has MLB 15, Until Dawn, Tearaway and Dragon Quest Heroes before the holidays. 

Also why are you mentioning multi-plats? This is a thread talking about exclusives.

Lol it's amazing how you just draw away from the topic which is Xbox and go to Wii U. Whatever you think about the Wii U doesn't matter here, this is about PS4 and XBO.

Read the title of the thread.... The question is why has an Xbox owner I am not bothered by the lack of exclusivity or supposed drought. The answer is pretty easy 3rd party game. Hence, the WiiU reference.  The title of the thread is also clearly asking about Microsoft issue. If your only a Ps4 owner your lack of insight clearly prevent you from giving an informed opinion. 

If there no exclusive game then I'm simply going to spend my money on Multi platform games. Just because it's exclusive doesn't mean it's a great game just look at the review for Ryse, Fighter Within, Order 1886, Killzone, etc. 

I bought 6 games so far this year.... Dying Light, Battlefield Hardline, Ori and the blind forest, Borderlands: handsome collection, State of Decay and Witcher 3.

Spent a surprise large amount of time playing two free games .... Never Winter and Raymand legends(games with gold).

Have you even purchase all of Sony's exclusive games this year??? MLB 15, Bloodborne, Order 1886 and the dozens of meaningless Indie that was added to the PS4 only list. 

Lol, why don't you read the OP and not just the title buddy. It doesn't matter if we have multiplats, we are talking about the drought of exclusives, not the drought of games in general. It's a FACT that Xbox gamers aren't getting a big exclusive in a total of 9+ months and not matter what you say doesn't change that.

It's also so amazing how you just start naming what games you bought this year when most of them aren't exclusives and then go and start only talking about exclusives when it comes to PS4 and when most PS4 owners can play Dying Light, BF Hardline, Borderlands, and Witcher 3. But then again, your list would be pretty small, but I guess that's why you added multi-plats. Thanks for proving my point.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Because every fanbase has shitty people that give their overlord company a free pass for everything.

Sony: Oh it's alright that Sonys first party has a shitty output to date, we will get "insert most likely pretty mediocre niche japanese or indie games that everyone is totally interested in" instead.

MS: Oh it's fine that MS leaves us in the rain for 3/4 of the year (though if rumors are true they might have a july game for the US), they will have awesome holiday games most of which we won't buy anyway but hey Halo amirite? Oh and this year they paid for a game that was already in development for every platform to be delayed for the other platforms so it would give them another "exclusive", but wait it might, maybe, totally not come to PS4 next year, so that's really awesome.

Nintendo: I love that the Wii U doesn't have any 3rd party support, it shows that Nintendo is really sticking it to these horrible anti consumer companies. There's only a handful of games coming out on the system every year? Oh that is totally fine, man those games are so awesome that they are totally worth enduring several month long droughts for. Oh and don't even get me started on how awesome Amiibos and the practices behind them are.

Around the Network

Because MS is the underdog this gen. The leader is always more scrutinized.

I want to be clear that i am NOT attacking Microsoft in my comment, im just gonna argue how stupid are the following arguments: "PS4 has no exclusive games", "PS4 doesnt deserve its sales because it has no exclusive games" and all the other fucking BULLSHIT ive been reading in forums for the entire year.

EXCLUSIVE RETAIL GAMES THAT PS4 HAS RELEASED SO FAR THIS YEAR:

PS4 EXCLUSIVE RETAIL GAMES THAT WILL BE RELEASED THROUGH 2015

its really funny how people look up to the Holiday, then they compare the Holiday lineup of MS (TR, H5, F6 and a rumored GOW collection) versus Sony (a rumored Uncharted Collection) and they come to the conclusion that Sony has no games, and they forget to look at the PRESENT and how many exclusives Sony has released so far this year and how many more they will release before the Holidays...

and in reality the holiday lineup of Sony is Persona 5, Neptunia VII, Disgaea 5 and the rumored Uncharted Collection, but i didnt listed it like this before because if the games being released arent AAA games with a renown name then they are completely ignored  and counted as non existent games, (even if some of those games may end up being BETTER than the AAA games released in the year).

im sure am happy that i dont give a fuck about the games budget, AAA or not i will enjoy the game if its fun.

Ali_16x said:

Lol, why don't you read the OP and not just the title buddy. It doesn't matter if we have multiplats, we are talking about the drought of exclusives, not the drought of games in general. It's a FACT that Xbox gamers aren't getting a big exclusive in a total of 9+ months and not matter what you say doesn't change that.

It's also so amazing how you just start naming what games you bought this year when most of them aren't exclusives and then go and start only talking about exclusives when it comes to PS4 and when most PS4 owners can play Dying Light, BF Hardline, Borderlands, and Witcher 3. Amazing.

Screamride and Ori and the Blind forest are exclusive to Xbox One that  break your 9+ month. Neither while I sit on my thumb for 9+ months waiting for an Xbox One exclusive game. Sure I would love to be getting HAlo 5, scalebound and Rise of the Tomb Raider now but while we wait for these great title there going to be 100s of titles release by 3rd Party and Indie. Also, Major AAA's Dying light, BF HArdline, Witcher 3 & Batman Arkham. I have no ideas if there any major release in july and August.  Last year was quite different during the Sony drought there simply wasn't anything else to play. The big games from 3rd party were Watch dog, Thief, Wolfenstein? and Diablo III. Nothing else comes to mind.

How many games do you buy or play in a year? By the sounds of it you can afford and have the time to play every single major release on PS4, would be nice to be you.

yvanjean said:

Screamride and Ori and the Blind forest are exclusive to Xbox One that  break your 9+ month. Neither while I sit on my thumb for 9+ months waiting for an Xbox One exclusive game. Sure I would love to be getting HAlo 5, scalebound and Rise of the Tomb Raider now but while we wait for these great title there going to be 100s of titles release by 3rd Party and Indie. Also, Major AAA's Dying light, BF HArdline, Witcher 3 & Batman Arkham. I have no ideas if there any major release in july and August.  Last year was quite different during the Sony drought there simply wasn't anything else to play. The big games from 3rd party were Watch dog, Thief, Wolfenstein? and Diablo III. Nothing else comes to mind.

How many games do you buy or play in a year? By the sounds of it you can afford and have the time to play every single major release on PS4, would be nice to be you.

Screamride is on the 360 and Ori is on the PC, those two games are not Xbox One exclusives. And big point we are talking about is whether if they're big exclusives, they're not. Again why don't you read the OP before you post, seriously.  Read it.

You're just a hypocrite aren't you? You mention indies as your 100s of titles yet in your last post you just shitted on indies, oh as you say "meaningless indies". Wow just wow. 

And again why are you still talking about multi-plats? We are talking about exclusives, this is a thread about exclusives.

Also where did I say I would be buying all those games? I said PS4 owners can play those games.  Another person I'm done talking too. 

Moderated - Starcraft

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

If MS did to the X1 what Sony has done to the Vita in the west, we would be getting threads about it every hour.... those double standards, wouldn't expect anything else from VGC.