By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why gets Microsoft a Free Pass when it comes to droughts unlike Sony for this year?

its kind of funny because i've noticed that xbox users will very often speak of an exclusive drought on ps4

...when bloodbourne and the order just released a couple months back

its mind boggling to me

Around the Network
true_fan said:

I would take Ori over MLB and until dawn 100/100.

So you are saying The Order and Driveclub were well received,  or LBP3 that sony sent out to die, or Guilty Gear Xrd that I would have never heard of if not fot fans started using lists to justify their purchase.  What am I missing? 

Its obvious you don't own or have acess to a ps4. There far more to play than on the Xbox and there always some thing releasing. I havent turned my Xbox on sense sunset launched. 

twintail said:
Ms has released 2 games BTW.

Ori and scream ride

OP did say major releases. Neither of those games qualify. 

Games that release in Q1 have a great chance of having a sale/ deal prior to Q4 so that makes it better for gamers in general. Now I believe everyone is caught up in the fact that Sony doesn't have a "massive" seller like Uncharted for the holidays. I can understand the reasoning behind it but Sony has a bunch of marketing deals with third parties that could overshadow Halo. Not to mention a price cut that can give a hardware boost. Sure some games aren't coming in 2015 but I don't buy a console for just a few years!! As for why MS gets a pass I honestly don't know why. The most logical assumption is the Xbox brand has a lower bar to match. Imagine if Sony had indies for the first nine months of a year, MS fans would jump all over it.

I'd guess 3 reasons.

1. Because they make such a big deal out of the holidays their marketing hype works. If it wasn't all centered around 1 short period I don't think people would care quite as much about sony not having a bunch of games for 3 months.

2. Their 1st party don't really have a great reputation I guess? So maybe people don't expect as much?

3. PS4 is market leader so there are more likely to be people complaining about it AND they should have alot more big games officially announced by now. Plus they have a better reputation and their lineup should be a hell of a lot better tbh.

I think E3 this year is either going to be be pretty big for both companies or pretty dissappointing.

I don't really have any faith in Microsoft atm and their marketing schemes but at the same time they could well be working on a lot of cool stuff I wouldn't be suprised. Same goes for Sony, I'm expecting some amazing games.... it's just about when they are going to come out / be announced.

Around the Network

Am I the only one hyped for Fable Legends?

Because Sony is still on the brink financially and MS is swinming in money. Yeah! That has to be it :D

Skullwaker said:
Oh my god. I hate threads like this.

Really? I love them instead, they make those lazy mods work!!!     

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!