By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people on this site think Splatoon is going to do so well?

Splatoon sales prediction

<500k 91 13.28%

500K-800k 123 17.96%

800k-1.2 million 131 19.12%

1.2million-1.6 million 100 14.60%

1.6million-2million 70 10.22%

2 million+ 170 24.82%

Total:685

I've been wondering the same thing. If it was on Wii years ago I think it could have been big. I don't think it will meet expectations, but sell 1.5-3M lifetime without bundling.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network
chapset said:
tbone51 said:

nah, Splatoon is in an entire different situation then the games you mentioned, tht said...

ZombiU: Launch game, Mature Rated exclusive,ZOMBIES!!! Ok i'll give you this one...

Nah it was suppose to be the game that would prove the wii U could sell mature games, didn't end up like that

W101: Nowhere near as Hyped.

But it was hype tho, way more then a game of it's calibure really deserved.

B2: Game was hyped  because haters were mad it was exclusive to Nintendo.

At the start maybe but couple months before release, it was madness. Even I bought into the hype and thought it would have sold well but naaaaaaa.

HW: Ummmmm This game did extremely well actually, its amoung the top 3-5 best selling Musou games in the west.

Well don't forget the legion upon legion of people here who thought this would sell on the same level or near the level of a traditionnal zelda game

DK:TF: Ok this was hyped, Cant argue too muc here.

gg

GG!!!!!

I can agree on most of your comment except for HW. Im one of the most optimistic Nintendo fans on this site, and unless your talking about 1, maybe 2 people nobody in hell believedHW would be close to a new traditional Zelda :(

NOOOOOOOOO 1!!!!!!!!!

Iveyboi said:
I've been wondering the same thing. If it was on Wii years ago I think it could have been big. I don't think it will meet expectations, but sell 1.5-3M lifetime without bundling.

Just asking how much do you thinksplatoon will sell/ship lifetime?

Because it will sell at least 1 million copies LT.

chapset said:
tak13 said:
chapset said:
ZombiU, wonderfull 101, bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. PS fans did it back in 2007-2009 now it's Nintendo's fans turn to over hype anything with little to average sales potentials. Many people think that's why ioi left this site. gg

And xbox fans don't overhype anything?(Halo the Master Chief collection,Sunset overdrive,titanfall?)You focus only to us and ps fans...I wonder why?Every fanbase does that,so it would be more objective if you had included the xbox fans...

As for hyrule warriors we didn't hype it,it meets our expectations(Already 1m,while the majority of predictions outside nintendo fanbase was about 500k-750k lifetime) and crushes the downplayers,the downplaying of HW(Especially,about usa,because warriors games flop outside of Japan,lol)and the underestimation of it being zelda themed and the love of Americans about zelda was hard!

So don't include that to your post,bayo If doesn't reach 1m then include it!WOW101 I don't remember anything about it,they only badly missed thing that comes in my mind by us is the perfomance of DKC TF....

I didn't include Xbox fans because they are pretty much extinct here. gg. Don't forget I'm highly ranked in the PS official thread

Why do you say that to me?Ahhhhhh,lol,don't worry,I didn't imply something by my comment...

It was just weird and I had to say that every fanbase does that!:P

Around the Network

Because the writing is on the wall. In vibrant ink splats.

chocoloco said:
This is how every Nintendo exclusive is treated. Personally it looks like a colorful indie.

Nintendo on Wii U like this treated only Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

Looks like a colorful Indie!? Haha

Danman27 said:

I really just don't see how this game will sell that well. It's a new type of shooter, sure, but was anyone really asking for a shooter like this? To me, it gives off a vibe of a $20 downloadble game, not a $60 release. Like if fat princess cost the price of a full game. It just doesn't look worth it to me.  I'm not saying that this looks like a bad game by any means, I just don't see how this game has mass appeal. Can someone honestly explain this to me? Because I really just don't see where all this confidence is coming from. 

Why you get vibes of $20 downloadable game?

In current state, It have single player campaign of around 7 hours, it have 5 maps and two mods for multiplayer, its very polished, fun and good game, and its free online, also they anancued a ton of free content through whole summer, with new maps every week or two, new mods, new weapons...

How do you see all that like a $20 downloadable game!?

Why we think it sell well?

-Incredibly fun and good game
-completly new and innovative gameplay
-fits Wii U community perfectly in terms of graphics, artstyle and gameplay
-testfire demo was a huge sucsess, almost only very positive feedback
-Nintendo is really pushing this game, almost like Mario Kart, they see Splatoon like next new big IP

chapset said:
never used the word failure, I said fans here over hype anything with low to med selling potential on the wii U. In Splatton case it's even worst than little big planet back in 2007 wich is says a lot. When people learn to hype to a resonnable level maybe then ioi will be back. gg

In that case, that can literally be applied to any fanbase. It's not exclusive to Nintendo.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Fact: Splatoon WILL do well.

Will be a succes? that's another point, i think it will, but in the worst scenario will do decent.