By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people on this site think Splatoon is going to do so well?

Splatoon sales prediction

<500k 91 13.28%

500K-800k 123 17.96%

800k-1.2 million 131 19.12%

1.2million-1.6 million 100 14.60%

1.6million-2million 70 10.22%

2 million+ 170 24.82%

Total:685
Skullwaker said:
chapset said:
ZombiU, wonderfull 101, bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. PS fans did it back in 2007-2009 now it's Nintendo's fans turn to over hype anything with little to average sales potentials. Many people think that's why ioi left this site. gg

Hyrule Warriors and Tropical Freeze have sold well. Anything over 1m on a 9m install base should be considered a significant success.

well of course if the numbers are accurate

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
chapset said:

Koei Tecmo has said themselves HW shipped 1m months ago, so it's all but confirmed and Tropical Freeze could be off a bit but not enough to call it a failure in any way.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

chapset said:
ZombiU, wonderfull 101, bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. PS fans did it back in 2007-2009 now it's Nintendo's fans turn to over hype anything with little to average sales potentials. Many people think that's why ioi left this site. gg

nah, Splatoon is in an entire different situation then the games you mentioned, tht said...

ZombiU: Launch game, Mature Rated exclusive,ZOMBIES!!! Ok i'll give you this one...

W101: Nowhere near as Hyped.

B2: Game was hyped  because haters were mad it was exclusive to Nintendo.

HW: Ummmmm This game did extremely well actually, its amoung the top 3-5 best selling Musou games in the west.

DK:TF: Ok this was hyped, Cant argue too muc here.

tbone51 said:

I'll be honest with you, 99% of that are for amiibo. It hurts so badly >_>

F***ing Nintendo sitting on a gold mine and has unicorn amiibo for sale tat scalpers love to make some money!

They could have their own gold mine if they did amiibo in Wii / DS era.

Skullwaker said:
chapset said:

Koei Tecmo has said themselves HW shipped 1m months ago, so it's all but confirmed and Tropical Freeze could be off a bit but not enough to call it a failure in any way.

never used the word failure, I said fans here over hype anything with low to med selling potential on the wii U. In Splatton case it's even worst than little big planet back in 2007 wich is says a lot. When people learn to hype to a resonnable level maybe then ioi will be back. gg

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
chapset said:

And xbox fans don't overhype anything?(Halo the Master Chief collection,Sunset overdrive,titanfall?)You focus only to us and ps fans...I wonder why?Every fanbase does that,so it would be more objective if you had included the xbox fans...

As for hyrule warriors we didn't hype it,it meets our expectations(Already 1m,while the majority of predictions outside nintendo fanbase was about 500k-750k lifetime) and crushes the downplayers,the downplaying of HW(Especially,about usa,because warriors games flop outside of Japan,lol)and the underestimation of it being zelda themed and the love of Americans about zelda was hard!

So don't include that to your post,bayo If doesn't reach 1m then include it!WOW101 I don't remember anything about it,they only badly missed thing that comes in my mind by us is the perfomance of DKC TF....

tbone51 said:
chapset said:

nah, Splatoon is in an entire different situation then the games you mentioned, tht said...

ZombiU: Launch game, Mature Rated exclusive,ZOMBIES!!! Ok i'll give you this one...

Nah it was suppose to be the game that would prove the wii U could sell mature games, didn't end up like that

W101: Nowhere near as Hyped.

But it was hype tho, way more then a game of it's calibure really deserved.

B2: Game was hyped  because haters were mad it was exclusive to Nintendo.

At the start maybe but couple months before release, it was madness. Even I bought into the hype and thought it would have sold well but naaaaaaa.

HW: Ummmmm This game did extremely well actually, its amoung the top 3-5 best selling Musou games in the west.

Well don't forget the legion upon legion of people here who thought this would sell on the same level or near the level of a traditionnal zelda game

DK:TF: Ok this was hyped, Cant argue too muc here.

gg

Uabit said:

Because everyone knows the Wii U has no games and it's owners are going to buy desperately any "big" game that comes out for it.

Just out off interest what do you game on? I own a ps4 and for me there is nothing coming out for it at all this year? 

It doesn't matter if a console has a 100 games a month or 1 its whether you like the games coming out. For me ps4 has nothing this year and wii u nothing until xenoblade or Zelda.

chapset said:
Skullwaker said:

Hyrule Warriors and Tropical Freeze have sold well. Anything over 1m on a 9m install base should be considered a significant success.

HW sold 1mil+ Before Feb. Something many people laughed at when Tecmo said they hope to sell :)

As for DK, 1mil Shipped wouldn't be too far off if its not passed that already. US has close to 500k Sold, so NoA by itself could have 600k+ shipped like Japan at 150k+

tak13 said:
chapset said:

And xbox fans don't overhype anything?(Halo the Master Chief collection,Sunset overdrive,titanfall?)You focus only to us and ps fans...I wonder why?Every fanbase does that,so it would be more objective if you had included the xbox fans...

As for hyrule warriors we didn't hype it,it meets our expectations(Already 1m,while the majority of predictions outside nintendo fanbase was about 500k-750k lifetime) and crushes the downplayers,the downplaying of HW(Especially,about usa,because warriors games flop outside of Japan,lol)and the underestimation of it being zelda themed and the love of Americans about zelda was hard!

So don't include that to your post,bayo If doesn't reach 1m then include it!WOW101 I don't remember anything about it,they only badly missed thing that comes in my mind by us is the perfomance of DKC TF....

I didn't include Xbox fans because they are pretty much extinct here. gg. Don't forget I'm highly ranked in the PS official thread