By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will win all the holiday's NPD even without new E3 announcements nor an official price cut.

Risthel said:
celador said:
If they don't drop the price, PS4 will get obliterated in the last few months of the year.

Why do you think so? What are the parts of my prediction that you don't agree with?

All of it.

Around the Network

serious? with halo5!!!???

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

super6646 said:

Unless they drop the price, they will get obliterated in holiday sales no matter what. On halo week, we should expect a good 1/2 million sales at least, maybe extending to 1 million. So no, Sony will lose if it doesn't cut its price. Also how was Microsoft losing lots of money? Its pretty much so break even or even profit at 350$. The prices of the hardware are down alot since 2013!

That is entirely unsubstantiated and backed by nothing.

Yes. If the games aren't there, the price sure will be. They will win.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Mid year price cut and eventual holiday bundles, its gonna be a slug fest.

Around the Network

I think that there will be a quite a few announcements around E3 and a temporary price cut for the holidays. That should at the very least keep the PS4 and the xbox one around the same in sales for the holidays.

This is true even without a price cut but I will say that they better start deliverin' the goods sooner or later. A generation only lasts so long. (Well, I gues PS2 would prove me wrong) but still I want mor gams.

kinisking said:
serious? with halo5!!!???

Dead serious. As I said before Halo 5 is only one game, and with Microsoft being the underdog this generation, I don't see it making miracles like the price cut did last year.

Well guys, the thing is, Microsoft has had a lower price all year and they have not been able to catch up yet. In fact they were out sold by more months than not. And Star Wars is without a doubt, the biggest game of this year. A Star Wars bundle would make it impossible for Microsoft to catch up, but it doesn't ensure that Sony wins the holiday (in the US, because lets face it the is not a chance in hell of it winning worldwide).

But as many have mentioned, a pricecut would probably be necessary to take home the victory. Can Sony win with no announcements (it is tangible with Star wars yes) but OP can never win this bet because Sony isn't dumb. They will have plenty at E3. And Andrew strongly suggested that it will come in the form of a 3rd party exclusive.

Not a chance in hell, sorry but not happening. Besides at a System launch , when was the last time sony actually beat Microsoft at the holiday period, they are a rare accurance when it happens.
Better make a new prediction

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1