By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodstained coming to WiiU (Armature Studio doing the port)

So...

Day 1 60 37.27%

Very nice 42 26.09%

Meh 17 10.56%

Glad for the WiiU owners 37 22.98%

I hate everything 5 3.11%

Total:161
Ruler said:

Why should he say it ealier, he wants first a realistic budget where he can consider doing a wiiu port. No body excepted this fundraiser to come close to 3 million.

Yup, also it wouldn´t make sense to reveal it and hype Nintendo fans when it was probably not going to reach that numbers. That would be a big dissapointment (like project cars...)

Now that is 99% possible, there is no problem at all.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Cloudman said:
Ruler said:
Cloudman said:
I don`t think I`d say Iga is a nice man myself. The funds happened to reach that stretchgoal, which took a while for it to be shown, and people had to work hard to get those stretchgoals unlocked. I wonder more what took him so long to reveal it...

It wasnt planned originally on the wiiu at all because its unreal engine 4

I`m fully aware of that. Seeing that he was going to ignore the Wii U all together, and after all this effort he finally reveals a Wii U port, I`m not going to praise him is for doing so. If he had interest in doing so, I think it would have been better to say that sooner.

Why should he say it ealier, he wants first a realistic budget where he can consider doing a wiiu port. No body excepted this fundraiser to come close to 3 million.

Well, if I was informed about a possible Wii U version sooner, I would be more likely to support it, rather than hoping that it might be possible.

From the sound of it, it seems Iga thought the same too, maybe.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

considering the Castlevania franchise STARTED on a Nintendo system I think its very appropriate for this to get a Wii U port, considering the number of former Konami/Castlevania developer team memberse involved.  seems only right

at some with a 2.5 D game the budget maxes out, as in there is only so much one can add to the game after the engine and limits have been decided, so people worrying about the Wii U version taking away from the game overall are overreacting. bear in mind that the team already have determinted a guesstimate of what it will cost to port the game and aren't going to take away from other predetermined budget decisions most likely. also this game has well into June to continue getting funded so I'm sure they'll run out of goals to create anyway

mysteryman said:

Is there an option to actually select a physical Wii U copy of the game yet? I assume that won't happen until the stretch goal has been reached.

You can't change the text of the different pledges anymore after a campaign starts to avoid both confusion and reducing the value at the end of the campaign to shaft backers. So it won't show up on the pledges themselves.

Which version you get is generally decided by a backer poll sometime after the campaign (generally shortly before release) where you can choose which version you want to get. This is true for both physical and digital versions btw.

I remain sceptical about the release date. Practically none of all the games I backed came in time (only 2 did out of 28, and those where practically finished when they did their campaigns anyway), some are even over 2 years late (to be fair, those which are this late are very small studios). I guess late Summer or holyday 2017 is more realisitc, especially since they don't have anything to show aside from a couple of Artworks yet.

Nice! But by March 2017 Nintendo's next console will have probably been announced by then.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network

hopefully the Wii U version would have the same release date as PS4 and XOne.

Will buy it when it launches. After Project Cars I'm leery of crowd funding.

Great for Wii U owners!

I'll probably get it for my PS4 than my Wii U tho, but the more the merrier =)

Armature Studios didn't port Arkham Origins to Wii U, they ported Arkham Origins: Blackgate to Wii U, a digital 2.5D game that was initially on handhelds (I think they ported the Vita version to home consoles). But I have no idea how good the port of that one is.

I still don't understand why it needs $3 mil in order to be funded for another console. You'd have thought it would be one of the first goals...

Suppose they're leasing it to another dev so that could cause complications. Either way, good news!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.