By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodstained coming to WiiU (Armature Studio doing the port)

So...

Day 1 60 37.27%

Very nice 42 26.09%

Meh 17 10.56%

Glad for the WiiU owners 37 22.98%

I hate everything 5 3.11%

Total:161

As long as it's not exclusive to the Wii U, good for them, good for me, good for everyone!
Because that's why non-exclusivity rules. Everyone gets to play!

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

Nintendo fans make such a huge fuss about this game coming to Nintendo platforms, and once it's announced as a stretch goal, 24 hours pass and a mere $100,000 in funding has been raised. Let's be realistic as well, out of that $100,000 raised, most of it probably wasn't from Nintendo fans considering that's about how much it's been increasing on a daily basis other than the initial funding that was over $1m in a single day.

Once the Wii U is announced, instead of funding the project that they were making such a big deal about, they're now bashing the project because "it should have been on the Wii U in the first place," or any number of other arguments.

I personally think the Wii U has the best software currently than the PS4 and Xbox One because it's not literred with ports and actually more than a couple quality exclusives, but it's all Nintendo funded exclusives.  And maybe the constant comments are right about this is why third parties don't support Nintendo consoles.  Nintendo fans don't even purchase the games they make such a big deal about, so why is some developer going to randomly toss a game on the system with no knowledge of whether Nintendo fans will support it or not.

You have to keep in mind that is just that a stretch goal, nowhere has a reward mention the version yet, and if they don't confirm many will hold on their support, I am waiting, I may pledge for a digital version on PC and upgrade to a dark grimoire on the Wii U IF possible, we are not sure the same rewards will be available for the console.

Many people are getting burn by the Project Cars fiasco, specially when there is a publisher involved, as they may pull the plug on the Wii U version at any moment and we will be left hanging.

flagstaad said:
kupomogli said:

Nintendo fans make such a huge fuss about this game coming to Nintendo platforms, and once it's announced as a stretch goal, 24 hours pass and a mere $100,000 in funding has been raised. Let's be realistic as well, out of that $100,000 raised, most of it probably wasn't from Nintendo fans considering that's about how much it's been increasing on a daily basis other than the initial funding that was over $1m in a single day.

Once the Wii U is announced, instead of funding the project that they were making such a big deal about, they're now bashing the project because "it should have been on the Wii U in the first place," or any number of other arguments.

I personally think the Wii U has the best software currently than the PS4 and Xbox One because it's not literred with ports and actually more than a couple quality exclusives, but it's all Nintendo funded exclusives.  And maybe the constant comments are right about this is why third parties don't support Nintendo consoles.  Nintendo fans don't even purchase the games they make such a big deal about, so why is some developer going to randomly toss a game on the system with no knowledge of whether Nintendo fans will support it or not.

You have to keep in mind that is just that a stretch goal, nowhere has a reward mention the version yet, and if they don't confirm many will hold on their support, I am waiting, I may pledge for a digital version on PC and upgrade to a dark grimoire on the Wii U IF possible, we are not sure the same rewards will be available for the console.

Many people are getting burn by the Project Cars fiasco, specially when there is a publisher involved, as they may pull the plug on the Wii U version at any moment and we will be left hanging.

Project Cars being listed as Wii U during crowd funding when they weren't sure of release is a pretty bs move, but according to the  dev, they stated the Wii U was never guaranteed a release.  Doesn't make it much better I agree, but with a dev that is stating "Wii U once you hit this  goal," you're more guaranteed the product than a crowd funding campaign that really has no guarantees from the dev.  I doubt IGA is going to take our money and run like we've heard from a couple kickstarters like the Yogcast RPG and the Minecraft convention.

With as long as you have to reach the goal, waiting to see if its funded for Wii U, it's guaranteed at this point.

I haven't seen any footage but it sounds interesting.

Nogamez said:
Hopefully this game will actually be released. I find it strange the recent resi evil remasters aren't ported to wii u aswell . Has capcom and ninty had a bust up or something

Agreed! I found it a real kick in the teeth for Wii U owners that Resident Evil Revelations 2 wasn't released on Wii U.

Considering the original was a Nintendo exclusive (3DS then Wii U) and that #2 made it to PS3/360 we certainly were left out in the cold...

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
flagstaad said:
kupomogli said:

Project Cars being listed as Wii U during crowd funding when they weren't sure of release is a pretty bs move, but according to the  dev, they stated the Wii U was never guaranteed a release.  Doesn't make it much better I agree, but with a dev that is stating "Wii U once you hit this  goal," you're more guaranteed the product than a crowd funding campaign that really has no guarantees from the dev.  I doubt IGA is going to take our money and run like we've heard from a couple kickstarters like the Yogcast RPG and the Minecraft convention.

With as long as you have to reach the goal, waiting to see if its funded for Wii U, it's guaranteed at this point.

It's not guaranteed whether or not the Wii U version will have a physical release (like the others) or be digital only. Also, the release date of the Wii U version hasn't been specified; the fact that a separate team will be handling the port is promising for a simultaneous release, but it's all still in the air.

I will 100% back this project for the Wii U version. But not before the details are all sorted out.

tripenfall said:
Nogamez said:
Hopefully this game will actually be released. I find it strange the recent resi evil remasters aren't ported to wii u aswell . Has capcom and ninty had a bust up or something

Agreed! I found it a real kick in the teeth for Wii U owners that Resident Evil Revelations 2 wasn't released on Wii U.

Considering the original was a Nintendo exclusive (3DS then Wii U) and that #2 made it to PS3/360 we certainly were left out in the cold...

I know and resident evil games do sell on ninety consoles and their even remastering a NGC exclusive and still no wii u port!! Capcom even used to make Zelda games for ninty and now we don't even get cheap to make cash in remakes. Wtf happens?

I have a ps4 but will skip these remasters out off principle.

Seeing as how the series started on Nintendo I think its the only honorable thing to do.

Interesting

Considering that they have collected about $52000 from Paypal-donations Bloodstained has now reached the WiiU stretchgoal, let's hope nothing screws that up.