By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why Does Society On A Whole Look Down On Pedophilia?

Wow, I'm surprised someone actually got this one right and dared to speak about it on this forum.

Anyway, the answer to the title's question should be obvious once you realize that to most people, a pedophile is a person who abuses children instead of just being attracted to them and not doing anything to get their... fulfillment.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

According to Twilight, as long as you look young, it's ok to be a pedophile.

As for why it's looked down upon so much, probably because of the risk of someone acting on it, which is going to affect an innocent child and ruin their life.

She is seventeen according to Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_(2008_film) ), so no pedophilia and it is legal in most jurisdictions. (as Vampires aren't covered by law, if we actually meet Vampires some special rules may made be for them)

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Oh man this topic... is it considered pedophilia if a 20 yo guy date a 13-14 yo girl? aside from my question while I think pedophila is wrong

Dunban67 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

And you know that how? Is there a study you can refer to?

how many registered/convicted pedifiles are there?  How many more are there that have not been caught?    How many of them thought they could control their desire?   How many victems are there?    Do you really need a study....really?

You are suggesting persecution based on the potential for crime which is ridiculous on its own (everybody has the potential to commit a crime). Additionally, you are doing so without any evidence that this potential in any way warrants such an action. Yes, you need something to back up your fairly ridiculous opinion.

Mr.Playstation said:
Dunban67 said:
regardless of a persons sexual orientation, how many of them go thru adulthood w out EVER acting on them? Vey few- so if a person is a pedofile the best thing they can do for society and themselves is voluntary castration (elimination of any desire) as to insure they never act out and destroy a childs life

Why would the question in this op ever need to be asked- it should be obvious to anyone other than those trying to justify it

Since we're becoming more open as a society, why can't we also accept people who are sexually attracted to children. Not making child abuse or lowering the legal age or whatever just accepting these people for having other sexual desires and not make them become almost afraid to seek help in today's society ( believe it or not this is how Pedophiles feel at the moment ). Also there are many people who have Pedophilia but do not act upon these desire, infact most don't.

P.s: Guys please try to keep out other sexual orientations from this, this is specifically focused on Pedophilia

Serioulsy?  It is disturbing that anyone would have your viewpoint re pedofiles?   How could you possibly know that most do t act out?  It is not measurable; however the number of convicted pedofiles and the number of known victims is measurable and the results ar well documentd as devestating to the victims, their families and even future generations -   A pedofile that has any good intentions would voluntarily rid themsovles of any desire as to not risk violating 1 child-   IMO a repeat offender should face the deah penalty as most convicted pedofiles are repeat offenders- 

Do you think someoe who's orientaaion is rape should be accepted (sex w a child is rape too)

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Since we're becoming more open as a society, why can't we also accept people who are sexually attracted to children. Not making child abuse or lowering the legal age or whatever just accepting these people for having other sexual desires and not make them become almost afraid to seek help in today's society ( believe it or not this is how Pedophiles feel at the moment ). Also there are many people who have Pedophilia but do not act upon these desire, infact most don't.

P.s: Guys please try to keep out other sexual orientations from this, this is specifically focused on Pedophilia

Serioulsy?  It is disturbing that anyone would have your viewpoint re pedofiles?   How could you possibly know that most do t act out?  It is not measurable; however the number of convicted pedofiles and the number of known victims is measurable and the results ar well documentd as devestating to the victims, their families and even future generations -   A pedofile that has any good intentions would voluntarily rid themsovles of any desire as to not risk violating 1 child-   IMO a repeat offender should face the deah penalty as most convicted pedofiles are repeat offenders- 

Do you think someoe who's orientaaion is rape should be accepted (sex w a child is rape too)

I expect you to cut off your arms because you can potentially strangle somebody. 

Ka-pi96 said:
adriane23 said:
I wouldn't call pedophilia a sexual orientation. To me, it's a disorder, like incest or necrophilia.

I'd argue that isn't a disorder. Just having an incestuous relationship doesn't really prove anything. Maybe the person you loved just happened to be related to you, doesn't make it a disorder, unless the only reason you loved them was specifically because they were related to you. But that is unlikely to be the case often, if ever.

Scientific research (though not enough yet to make it fact) suggests otherwise. Based on the evidence found in animals and the evidence gleaned from the little research that has been done with humans, incest is most likely a disorder. Or some kind of genetic issue within some humans, if you exclude social practices (e.g. incest within royal families to preserve lineage).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3581061/

http://www.ehbonline.org/article/S1090-5138%2804%2900040-6/abstract

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Dunban67 said:

Rape isn't an orientation, it is an action. As for those who enjoy rape fantasies, I don't see any reason to ostracize them. In fact, the fantasy is fairly common among both men and women.

sc94597 said:
Dunban67 said:

how many registered/convicted pedifiles are there?
  How many more are there that have not been caught?    How many of them thought they could control their desire?   How many victems are there?    Do you really need a study....really?

Zero - pedophilla is not a crime, child abuse is. I recommend you read this article. 

http://www.theawl.com/2014/08/the-pedophiles-who-didnt-want-to-hurt-children

People shouldn't be given up on because of their thoughts, but rather their actions. 

child abuse is a different crime than sexual abuse of a child-  so virtually all people convicted of sexually abusing a child are pedofiles

Use all the semantics you want-  If your sexual or even romantic  orientation are children, then do society, future potential victems and yourself a favor and castrate (eliminate the desire) voluntarily

Children are off limits period-  there is a reason that even the worst criminals will kill pedofiles/people convicted of child sexual abuse) in jail given a chance-

sc94597 said:
Dunban67 said:

I expect you to cut off your arms because you can potentially strangle somebody. 

poor coparison on your part-  I don t wake up in the morning fighting the urge to strangle someone-  but if i did, i would not be wanting to strangle a child