By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why Does Society On A Whole Look Down On Pedophilia?

Dunban67 said:

do society, future potential victems and yourself a favor and castrate (eliminate the desire) voluntarily

Just so you know, as you seem to be repeating this a lot, castration does not eliminate anything. In many cases it will reduce sex drive, but not eliminate it (and that isn't in all cases). Additionally, castrated sex offenders show the same rate of commiting another offense as non castrated sex offenders.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=3985832

EDIT:

Dunban67 said:

poor coparison on your part-  I don t wake up in the morning fighting the urge to strangle someone-  but if i did, i would not be wanting to strangle a child

There is little difference between the man who is attracted to a woman (unrequited) and a man who is attracted to a child. Both have to keep their urges in check, so why should we treat one different than the other, when in both cases, letting your urges get the better of you would be a crime?

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
sc94597 said:
Dunban67 said:

how many registered/convicted pedifiles are there?
  How many more are there that have not been caught?    How many of them thought they could control their desire?   How many victems are there?    Do you really need a study....really?

Zero - pedophilla is not a crime, child abuse is. I recommend you read this article. 

http://www.theawl.com/2014/08/the-pedophiles-who-didnt-want-to-hurt-children

People shouldn't be given up on because of their thoughts, but rather their actions. 

child abuse is a different crime than sexual abuse of a child-  so virtually all people convicted of sexually abusing a child are pedofiles

Use all the semantics you want-  If your sexual or even romantic  orientation are children, then do society, future potential victems and yourself a favor and castrate (eliminate the desire) voluntarily

Children are off limits period-  there is a reason that even the worst criminals will kill pedofiles/people convicted of child sexual abuse) in jail given a chance-

One is a subset of the other. All people convicted of abusing a child might be pedophiles, but not all pedophiles abuse a child. 

The rest of your post is emotional babbling without any logic. If the law was based on pure emotion we'd live in a horrible society today. The main reason why people are arguing for the support of pedophiles who seek help is to protect children. All your policies would do is put people in the closet even more and make more children suffer under the fog of disgust. 

The intensely negative perception of pedophiles means that virtually none are open to admitting their interests. The only time they are in the public eye is when they have done something wrong. This leads to more intense negative association, which reinforces the decision for pedophiles to remain undiscovered, and the cycle continues.

We've seen the same cycle play out, and continue to play out, with basically every stigmatized group, to one extent or another. It's unfortunate, but that's simply the way things work. In this case, it's going to continue happening until law-abiding pedophiles are willing/able to live in the open until society develops a tolerance for them.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Dunban67 said:
sc94597 said:
Dunban67 said:

Serioulsy?  It is disturbing that anyone would have your viewpoint re pedofiles?   How could you possibly know that most do t act out?  It is not measurable; however the number of convicted pedofiles and the number of known victims is measurable and the results ar well documentd as devestating to the victims, their families and even future generations -   A pedofile that has any good intentions would voluntarily rid themsovles of any desire as to not risk violating 1 child-   IMO a repeat offender should face the deah penalty as most convicted pedofiles are repeat offenders- 

Do you think someoe who's orientaaion is rape should be accepted (sex w a child is rape too)

I expect you to cut off your arms because you can potentially strangle somebody. 

poor coparison on your part-  I don t wake up in the morning fighting the urge to strangle someone-  but if i did, i would not be wanting to strangle a child

I'm sure you felt the urge to harm somebody before. It is something innate to all humans. As far as I recall, harming others isn't something that isn't only wrong when it is done to children. It's wrong when it is done to anyone. 

I'm guessing the people who are defending pedophillia are probably gay.

I remember a thread once about invest and the only ones who defended the idea were of course gay people.

Moderated - Leadified

Around the Network
ReimTime said:
Children are children. They have not developed sexually, and their brains have not matured. They should not be seen as potential mates by any mentally sound individual.
Pedos can't help themselves? Please don't try to justify such disgusting criminal behavior. Pedophilia is not a sexual orientation. Maybe they can't help themselves and maybe they were born that way, but that is nowhere near being an excuse.

"Why did you murder that woman, Steve?"
"I'm sorry detective, I was born this way! I can't help myself!"
"Oh, ok. Carry on, you're free to go."

Is anyone saying this?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Dunban67 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

And you know that how? Is there a study you can refer to?

how many registered/convicted pedifiles are there?  How many more are there that have not been caught?    How many of them thought they could control their desire?   How many victems are there?    Do you really need a study....really?

Erm I'll do this in order. You can google that. Been caught? do you mean caught molesting or caught being a paedophile? You'd have to ask the ones who've commited a crime. You can probably google but it wont help really. And YES. 

Jinpachi4 said:

I remember a thread once about invest and the only ones who defended the idea were of course gay people.

We defending people who have a mental disorder who has done nothing wrong and deserve to get help. No one is defending child molestors.

Dunban67 said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Since we're becoming more open as a society, why can't we also accept people who are sexually attracted to children. Not making child abuse or lowering the legal age or whatever just accepting these people for having other sexual desires and not make them become almost afraid to seek help in today's society ( believe it or not this is how Pedophiles feel at the moment ). Also there are many people who have Pedophilia but do not act upon these desire, infact most don't.

P.s: Guys please try to keep out other sexual orientations from this, this is specifically focused on Pedophilia

Serioulsy?  It is disturbing that anyone would have your viewpoint re pedofiles?   How could you possibly know that most do t act out?  It is not measurable; however the number of convicted pedofiles and the number of known victims is measurable and the results ar well documentd as devestating to the victims, their families and even future generations -   A pedofile that has any good intentions would voluntarily rid themsovles of any desire as to not risk violating 1 child-   IMO a repeat offender should face the deah penalty as most convicted pedofiles are repeat offenders- 

Do you think someoe who's orientaaion is rape should be accepted (sex w a child is rape too)

I don't see a problem with a person who has pedophilia, thinking about children in a sexual way unless he then actually abuses a child. Most pedophiles are not given a chance in todays society, if they do indeed "come out" you'll probably find certain people who will try to stop this said "pedophile" even though all he has done is just think sexually of children. Some people may even go as far as to even permanantly put a stop (kill) this pedophile.

There have been cases were pedophiles who've done absoloutly nothing ( except in their minds ) have come out and quickly all they've said is taken as disgusting and even at certain parts ridiculed. I'll admit I've done it to, I've made fun together with friends of a guy who shared his thoughts on what goes inside the head ( his in this case ) of a pedophile. Yet it seems that society lately have become more open but such people ( Pedophiles ) are still dissrespected.

Many Pedophiles try to keep this a secret, so no I don't know how many actually act out, yet it seems that atleast most cases of pedophiles interviewed have shown that they are aware that what their sexual desire is, is wrong and that they atleast try to keep away from children.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Jinpachi4 said:

Please do not say such things. If I were you I would edit that post so as to avoid any moderations taken against you, especially since you are a new user. -Thank You

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P