By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could This Generation Be as long/Longer Than The Last One?

Impossiburu

-Nintendo's new gen will start within 2 years.

-If Xbone fails to catch on in the US/UK, MS might start the gen earlier than expected.

-Sony then would need to answer and come out sooner.

Possible:
Nintendo: 2016
MS: 2018
Sony: 2019

I don't want MS to go a year earlier so I hope they sell some good volume of Xbones. The reason I don't want it is because I believe MS will try to outshine Sony with the specs after seeing the effects of "stronk hardware" adverts brought the PS4 where it is and gave Xbone a bad image of weak console which they're trying to shed off since 2013. So by launching early the PS5 might have similar specs a year later because the parts have become cheaper for Sony to acquire. So instead of getting the high end stuff from 2018, get the high end stuff a year later.

Around the Network

Nintendo NX - 2017/2018
XBox 2 - 2019
PS5 - 2020

this gen would still be supported i think until 2021 for both PS4 and X1.  For the Wii U, i think by the new console came in, it would its last year of support.

I don't see this generation going as long as the last one

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Don't see any real reason why it couldn't be. All depends on what devs want to do with the hardware and how much they can/can't achieve with this gen.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

IMO, depends on whether MSony wait for 7nm or go with mature 10nm node.

Around the Network

I'd say similar to the last generation, which was 7 and 8 years between consoles. It's a major expense to develop a game console, plus it's another entire issue to get the support of the major publishers and developers so quickly between a generation. I'm going to guess 7 years again before PS5 and Xbox Two - haha or whatever it's called. So 2020 is my guess. Basically the same as what we saw last gen.

Let's all pray it's not.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

i'll give it 3.5 years from now.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

It will be 5 years which is a normal console circle, sony will probably release their console last and aiming being the strongest like they always did before

Mr.Playstation said:

Looking at Nintendo, I highly doubt their next console will be stronger than the PS4 and Xbox One

Why wouldn't it be? I doubt Nintendo will do that, I don't see why they would even do it in the first place.

I think it'll be the length of a regular generation, and will probably end in about 3-4 years, likely 2-3 for Nintendo.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi