By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloodstained Ritual Of The Night Stretch Goal added? (pics)

gamemaster4747 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Umm its all ready going to PS4 and nothing wrong with it going to Wii U. Indie games actually sell pretty great on Wii U

Ah, I'm behind on the news apparently. Multi platform is even better. I didn't know indie games did well on Wii U. What indie games have been successful on Wii U?

Yeah no prob. Mutliplat is awesome good and I'll just use a recent example like Shovel Knight. Was released on Wii U first as far as console and it did really well according to the developers themselves. I'll try to compile a list(unless someone beats me to it) of indie games that have done well

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
gamemaster4747 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Umm its all ready going to PS4 and nothing wrong with it going to Wii U. Indie games actually sell pretty great on Wii U

Ah, I'm behind on the news apparently. Multi platform is even better. I didn't know indie games did well on Wii U. What indie games have been successful on Wii U?

Trine 2 sold really well. As do the Shantae games and Shovel Knight.

I will definitely get a Wiiu version if it ever comes out! I just hope it won't be too watered down.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

No offense to Nintendo fans but I hope it doesn't get a Wii U release because of the impact it'll have on the other versions.

With the Wii U being the weaker console, it may hold the other others back in performance or graphical fidelity. With PS4, Xbox One, and PC running on the x86 hardware, cross platform development won't be much of a cost, but with the Wii U, a lot of money that could go into making a better game would go towards that. Even the possibilty of the publisher wanting a specific release date, rushing them to finish all versions and we end up with day one patches, bugs, etc.

So more people playing the game is good but not if the games quality suffers because of it.

*edit*

Also, a lot of posts seem to be uninformed thinking it won't be much of a difference by including the Wii U version.  Bloodstained isn't going to be 2D.  The gameplay images are just concept art.  If you read the kickstarter you'll see the game was announced a a 2.5D title.  So it'll have the same style of graphics as Dracula X Chronicles and Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw5sE0eqDdU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUOK3DRI0_g

The Wii U goal is finally confirmed. Now just waiting for them to confirm the option for a Wii U physical copy for backers then I will back this project :) Sent them a email asking if it is going to be a possibility. Just waiting to here back.

Around the Network

next it vita goal!!! only 150 k missing

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-is-highest-funded-gaming-kickstarter-ever-smashes-more-stretch-goals/

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is Highest-Funded Gaming Kickstarter Ever, Smashes More Stretch Goals

JUNE 11, 2015 / BY ELIA PALES
bloodstained
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, the game from Koji Igarashi, the former director of Castlevania, is now the highest-funded Kickstarter ever for a game. The game has beaten out other games such as Torment: Tides of Numenera, Pillars of Eternity, and Mighty No. 9.

With more than $4.4 million raised, with Paypal donations included, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has shattered a few more stretch goals. In addition to orchestrated tracks, Bloodstained will feature an online challenge mode and a third playable character. At $4.5 and $4.75 million, there will be a prequel mini-game developed for consoles and handhelds, respectively. The final stretch goal, set at $5 million, will lead to the inclusion of a rogue-like dungeon.

For more information, check out the official Kickstarter page. There are still 35 hours left of funding for the project.

can't view the kickstarter page. is the Vita goal achieved?

gabzjmm23 said:
can't view the kickstarter page. is the Vita goal achieved?

Yes, it is over 5 million now, Paypal included. We are even getting a prequel-game for all the consoles plus 3DS now

Dat castlevania sotn! I mean bloodstained. Love it