By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloodstained Ritual Of The Night Stretch Goal added? (pics)

A Wii U version is a mistake.

They should see what Nintendo announces next and port the game over to the more powerful NX. Now I fear the game might be downscaled to run on Wii U.

Around the Network
Turkish said:

They should see what Nintendo announces next and port the game over to the more powerful NX. Now I fear the game might be downscaled to run on Wii U.

Not so bad a mistake when you consider that a huge chunk of the Castlevania fanbase, especially 2D metroidvania style, is in the Nintendo fanbase. NX might be out in March 2017, but it just as easily might not.

Considering how great the likes of other 2D games on WiiU look and play on WiiU like Rayman Legends, Trine, DKC:TF, there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

It's hilarious that you think a WiiU version would 'downscale' the PS4/ XB1 ones. Ask yourself this, did the likes of AC: Black Flag, CoD: Ghosts or any other multiplat gimp respective PS4/XB1 editions of the game? No, if anything, WiiU always gets the broken, incomplete port.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Turkish said:

Lol, this game will look like ass regardless.

It's a 2D game for crying out loud.

Look at Mighty no. 9, big budget and still looks like shit. Wii U on the other hand has DKC: TF and Yoshi's Woolly World.

Moderated - Leadified

Samus Aran said:
Turkish said:

Look at Mighty no. 9, big budget and still looks like shit. Wii U on the other hand has DKC: TF and Yoshi's Woolly World.

Ok, and? 

Aren't those two Nintendo games ugly, since they're basically 2D?

Ori and the Blind Forest is a 2D game and it's one of the most beautiful game released this year. I don't see any rational reason why you'd comment in such a way about Bloodstained.

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

Ok, and? 

Ori and the Blind Forest is a 2D game and it's one of the most beautiful game released this year. I don't see any rational reason why you'd comment in such a way about Bloodstained.

Based on the ugly concept art and the reputation of Iga and kickstarter projects.

It's a 2D game and thus won't be technically demanding in the slightest. It won't be a pretty looking 2D game either if the concept art is anything to judge of.

vs

If Mighty no. 9 is anything to go by, Bloodstained will not even match its concept art.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Hynad said:

Ok, and? 

Based on the ugly concept art and the reputation of Iga and kickstarter projects.

It's a 2D game and thus won't be technically demanding in the slightest. It won't be a pretty looking 2D game either if the concept art is anything to judge of.

vs

If Mighty no. 9 is anything to go by, Bloodstained will not even match its concept art.

I beg to differ. Based on those concept art, I think it looks much better than Tropical Freeze.

And you clearly haven't followed many kickstarter projects...

As for the reputation of Iga, humor me.

WiiU version should be put on hold (other console will have to deal with less coz of it) and from what i see since all wiiU fan (if any) know wiiu it 3 m goal i did not see any fund increase but just regular has it being since few days... (hope ben judd and iga open they eye)

if they sell 10 000 wiiu i be surpirse!

just check fund and u can see no increase since last few days! (only normal increase we see since the last few days) it clear wiiu fan it just a hand full of them! sad sad...

Hynad said:

I beg to differ. Based on those concept art, I think it looks much better than Tropical Freeze.

Lol, sure.

This looks like a Wii game in HD. No, that's an insult to Muramasa: Demonblade actually. It looks worse than a Wii game.

Samus Aran said:
Hynad said:

Lol, sure.

This looks like a Wii game in HD. No, that's an insult to Muramasa: Demonblade actually. It looks worse than a Wii game.

What's your rationale for doing this, exactly?

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

Lol, sure.

What's your rational for doing this, exactly?

That this game's concept art looks nowhere near impressive? This could easily be done on the Wii.

What's your rational for thinking that the Wii U couldn't handle that? As Turkish seems to suggest.