By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloodstained Ritual Of The Night Stretch Goal added? (pics)

CladInShadows said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

That's all fine and all and I agree for the most part but I ask why would someone donate to a kickstarter ''just because'' if the console of their choice is not currently listed? that wouldnt be very beneficia to that personl. I know I'd never do that personally.

I'm just wondering why it's so important to play on a specific console. I know you have a PS4, so is the game only worth it if it shows up on a Nintendo system?  Is it because of the option for the smaller screen?  Or is it more for principle?

For me personally its about principal. But I'm not looking at it from only my perspective really as a whole.  I'm stating if someone has a Wii U(and no other console) then why should they just back the kickstarter just to do it? as previously stated in another post. That would not be very smart nor beneficial to the user itself.

Back to my stance about it though from a personal perspective. I grew up with Castlevania on Nintendo consoles and that's where I'd personally prefer to play it. This is also the asme reason why I bought games like Ducktales Remastered on Wii U and not other platforms because I have the attachment to play that certain series on a specific platform.

That feeling is no different than the people who prefer to buy Final Fantasy,Metal Gear,Kingdom Hearts etc etc on Sony consoles specifically due to that's the system they've always familiarized franchises with.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Oh, good catch! I received the update in my email this morning, but I didn't put two and two together. That's great news for Wii U owners.

For those of you eager for a Wii U version, I get it. I really do. Nintendo and Castlevania have a long, glorious history together. But Igarashi and company decided to go with Unreal Engine 4 (and thus a certain set of platforms), and explained their reasoning:

"Our budget left us with two options: Build the biggest, most beautiful game we can, or make sure it runs everywhere from the start. As things stand today, we can't afford to create the two separate versions of this game that would be necessary to make it run on every console. That said, we've heard legends about a remarkable treasure hidden in the castle basement..."

If you really support Igarashi and want to see a new "IGAvania" from the master himself, I encourage you to pledge even without the guarantee of a physical or digital Wii U version. The fact that the game is being made is reason enough to celebrate.

That's all fine and all and I agree for the most part but I ask why would someone donate to a kickstarter ''just because'' if the console of their choice is not currently listed? that wouldnt be very beneficia to that personl. I know I'd never do that personally.

Exactlly! I mean I like the project and all but I won't donate to it if I can't get it on the platform I want. Once its a confirmed goal and I get a guarantee I will get a Wii U version I will donate. Until then I will wait.

PwerlvlAmy said:
CladInShadows said:

I'm just wondering why it's so important to play on a specific console. I know you have a PS4, so is the game only worth it if it shows up on a Nintendo system?  Is it because of the option for the smaller screen?  Or is it more for principle?

For me personally its about principal. But I'm not looking at it from only my perspective really as a whole.  I'm stating if someone has a Wii U(and no other console) then why should they just back the kickstarter just to do it? as previously stated in another post. That would not be very smart nor beneficial to the user itself.

Back to my stance about it though from a personal perspective. I grew up with Castlevania on Nintendo consoles and that's where I'd personally prefer to play it. This is also the asme reason why I bought games like Ducktales Remastered on Wii U and not other platforms because I have the attachment to play that certain series on a specific platform.

That feeling is no different than the people who prefer to buy Final Fantasy,Metal Gear,Kingdom Hearts etc etc on Sony consoles specifically due to that's the system they've always familiarized franchises with.

First, yeah, I definitely meant for people who are owners of multiple consoles. Don't pledge for this unless you're confident it will release on a system you own.

Second, I kind of understand where you come from. All things being equal, I suppose I would pick the console that I felt the series "belonged" on.  I, too, grew up on Nintendo Castlevania games. One of my first NES games was Castlevania 3.  And let's not forget those 6 great GBA/DS games from 2001 to 2008.  But generally, all things aren't equal.  Sure, even though this is only a 2D game, that doesn't mean the versions will be equal. Child of Light is proof of that. It's kind of a "wait and see" situation.

As it stands right now, I'm undecided on which version to get. I've pledged for the 150 dollar tier, so I'm getting the physical game, and leaning back and forth between PS4 and PC.  But if the hypothetical Wii U version ended up being on par with the other versions, I'd definitely consider it, if for nothing else other than having the option for the smaller screen.  All I know is, I WILL be playing the game. The console I play it on, is just one of the details to be ironed out.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Oh, good catch! I received the update in my email this morning, but I didn't put two and two together. That's great news for Wii U owners.

For those of you eager for a Wii U version, I get it. I really do. Nintendo and Castlevania have a long, glorious history together. But Igarashi and company decided to go with Unreal Engine 4 (and thus a certain set of platforms), and explained their reasoning:

"Our budget left us with two options: Build the biggest, most beautiful game we can, or make sure it runs everywhere from the start. As things stand today, we can't afford to create the two separate versions of this game that would be necessary to make it run on every console. That said, we've heard legends about a remarkable treasure hidden in the castle basement..."

If you really support Igarashi and want to see a new "IGAvania" from the master himself, I encourage you to pledge even without the guarantee of a physical or digital Wii U version. The fact that the game is being made is reason enough to celebrate.

That's perfectly fair.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting people should throw their money at a game they could never play. But I would imagine many Wii U owners have either a PC, PS4, or Xbox One. What I'm saying is that fans shouldn't punish Igarashi just because he ignored Nintendo platforms.

Sorry for how stupid this probably sounds, I'm new to the whole Kickstarter thing, but is the only way to buy this game by backing the project?

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

That's perfectly fair.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting people should throw their money at a game they could never play. But I would imagine many Wii U owners have either a PC, PS4, or Xbox One. What I'm saying is that fans shouldn't punish Igarashi just because he ignored Nintendo platforms.

If they have Wii U's and only want it on that platform,then they can feel free to punish him if they choose to, that's their right though,they aren't obligated to please this man. They don't have to support something just because of who someone is. Thats the way I see it.

Personally I won't back the project unless a physical version of the game is announced for Wii U. But if it doesn't get a physical release then I'll get this game down the line when there's an eshop/psn/xbl sale for it because I'll definitely want to give it a go if it ends up quality

lord knows were in need of a quality vania game lol

John120219 said:

Sorry for how stupid this probably sounds, I'm new to the whole Kickstarter thing, but is the only way to buy this game by backing the project?

No its not. The game will be released on Steam/PSN/XBL after its release date. You only back if you want certain perks for the game and what not.

PwerlvlAmy said:

If they have Wii U's and only want it on that platform,then they can feel free to punish him if they choose to, that's their right though,they aren't obligated to please this man. They don't have to support something just because of who someone is. Thats the way I see it.

Personally I won't back the project unless a physical version of the game is announced for Wii U. But if it doesn't get a physical release then I'll get this game down the line when there's an eshop/psn/xbl sale for it because I'll definitely want to give it a go if it ends up quality

Fair enough. Wii U owners aren't obligated to please Igarashi. But, by the same token, Igarashi isn't obligated to please Wii U owners.

PwerlvlAmy said:
I'll only donate to the kickstarter if they add Wii U for physical release like the other versions

Exactly what I am waiting for. Not donating till I can get a Wii U physical copy :)

Veknoid_Outcast said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Fair enough. Wii U owners aren't obligated to please Igarashi. But, by the same token, Igarashi isn't obligated to please Wii U owners.

I never stated he was though lol