By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloodstained Ritual Of The Night Stretch Goal added? (pics)

MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid: Zero Mission.

And Retro is Nintendo.

I thought Lords of Shadows was more action orientated and not a Metroidvania game? Haven't played it.

Was meant to be 3D Metroidvania. (I actually hate that term, Metroid Clone suits me better).

Yes, Lords of Shadow was a God of War clone, hence the suggestion that Metroid should also become God of War based on your logic as it would surely be even more popular that way ;)

Metroid: Other M proved otherwise. ;)

There has never been a 3D Metroidvania Castlevania, so we can't know how it would sell. I'd buy it though, if it was good. :p

edit: there was that 3D N64 Castlevania game, but I heard it was bad.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
MikeRox said:

Was meant to be 3D Metroidvania. (I actually hate that term, Metroid Clone suits me better).

Yes, Lords of Shadow was a God of War clone, hence the suggestion that Metroid should also become God of War based on your logic as it would surely be even more popular that way ;)

There has never been a 3D Metroidvania Castlevania, so we can't know how it would sell. I'd buy it though, if it was good. :p

There was Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness. However Konami never really gave them the budget they needed. But they're decent games.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/castlevania-lament-of-innocence

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox/castlevania-curse-of-darkness

These are 3D IGAVanias :)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

There was Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness. However Konami never really gave them the budget they needed. But they're decent games.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/castlevania-lament-of-innocence

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox/castlevania-curse-of-darkness

These are 3D IGAVanias :)

Thanks! I never even heard of these lol. I'm going to check them out.

In regards to a 3D Metroidvania game some may disagree but Pandora's Tower fits that bill fairly well, not a spectacular game but quite underrated imo, it felt quite Metroidvania like.

Wyrdness said:
In regards to a 3D Metroidvania game some may disagree but Pandora's Tower fits that bill fairly well, not a spectacular game but quite underrated imo, it felt quite Metroidvania like.

It was indeed! I think the 3D "Metroidvania" games are generally under-rated gems. I wonder if Pandora's Tower will follow Xenoblade Chronicles onto the 3DS.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

i did pledge 300$ for sign box + 3 time 100$ tier (they will worth 3 to 5 time more later on!!

Very interested in this, but I'm not sure if I want to back it. No way they'll charge $28 for a digital copy, so I'm a bit hesitant.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

4 hours to go and up to 5.1 mil w/o counting the paypal options.

VGA are doing their life stream! That's quite literally awesome! First thing I noticed about the stream announcement on the kickstarter page was Beckys hairstyle funnily enough.
I was like:'Huh....that girl has a reeeeeaaal similiar hairstyle to Beckys....WAIT WHAT!?' Then I saw Fraser in the backround and everything made sense. XD

I am so excited to see that the fans can fully fund a classic style game like this!

Well done gamers, my faith is once again renewed.