By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 - Out Now! Impressions?

Tagged games:

Opinion?

Excellent! 254 42.62%

Great! 71 11.91%

Good 32 5.37%

It's OK 32 5.37%

Eh... 13 2.18%

No thanks 20 3.36%

Get this thing out of here! 7 1.17%

See results 164 27.52%

Total:593
GamechaserBE said:
Where do you guys put up all your loot? I was thinking to put it into a chest in a village close to a fast travel sign/direction pole. Does it work?

Good question and hope someone can answer that :). I yet to run of space when collecting loot, so i wouldnt know. try it with a junk item . save it before you attempt it though.

Around the Network
dane007 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Been playing it a bit more and I see a lot of people saying how good the graphics look and either im hard to impress or something but I really don't think this game looks all that great. It looks good,but ive seen better with bloodborne/the order,but then again those were completed for only one specific console too. Controls feel rather clunky, but other than that, I'm enjoying it so far

You are comparing  the biggest open world  game on console with no  loading times to  games where you are limited to one direction and minimal exploration?  Put bloodbourne and the order into an open world game and you wont that leevl of graphics.  For me bloodbourne looked ugly with jaggies and horrible frame pacing issues.

Meh still doesn't change the fact the game doesnt look that great graphically  to me though

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

How grindy is this game? I have no patience for hours upon hours of grinding anymore

dane007 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Been playing it a bit more and I see a lot of people saying how good the graphics look and either im hard to impress or something but I really don't think this game looks all that great. It looks good,but ive seen better with bloodborne/the order,but then again those were completed for only one specific console too. Controls feel rather clunky, but other than that, I'm enjoying it so far

You are comparing  the biggest open world  game on console with no  loading times to  games where you are limited to one direction and minimal exploration?  Put bloodbourne and the order into an open world game and you wont that leevl of graphics.  For me bloodbourne looked ugly with jaggies and horrible frame pacing issues.

Funny you'd say that. The Witcher 3 on consoles has frame rate issues just as bad, if not wrose than what's in Bloodborne. Which makes me wonder if you've even played Bloodborne.

melbye said:
How grindy is this game? I have no patience for hours upon hours of grinding anymore

Not overly but it is quite challenging from what I've seen. You're going to have to expect to counter, dodge and really get stuck in to combat rather than button mashing and, for me, that's just fine.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Is it just me or does it take aggges to lv up? iv got like 10 plus hrs clocked, did everything in the first area yet im only lv 4!??!

Chevinator123 said:
Is it just me or does it take aggges to lv up? iv got like 10 plus hrs clocked, did everything in the first area yet im only lv 4!??!

Another user made a similar point earlier...seems to be the case yeah. Not that it's a bad thing but it needs to be balanced so there's still a good sense of rewrd and growth, else what reason is there to play on?

It appears as though completing quests rewards more XP than just fighting, so that could be part of the reason why...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Chevinator123 said:

Another user made a similar point earlier...seems to be the case yeah. Not that it's a bad thing but it needs to be balanced so there's still a good sense of rewrd and growth, else what reason is there to play on?

It appears as though completing quests rewards more XP than just fighting, so that could be part of the reason why...

This. Anyone grinding by killing monsters, stop, go to town and talk to people and go to the job board and take everything instead. 

Not only is it more rewarding for experience, the quests are usually varied and well written. You'll enjoy the game much more.  

wish i could play this now,will pick it up next buy,look forward to another fantasy rpg to play

sounds pretty good from most of you guys say

Above & Beyond

dane007 said:
StokedUp said:
One thing I've noticed and like is the combat isn't easy! You can find your life bar really low quite fast when in a fight with someone, it's not as demon/dark souls but it's still good to have to dodge and block rather than just hack away easily.

in the witcher series, you have to know which type of sword to use and dodge roll alot. Also mix up attack with igni .  Most of the enemies lose alot of life iwth igni except for your wraiths,, where you have to use the trap spell

I'm playing on death march and it makes the combat even more satisfying. You really have to prepare for each fight accordingly knowing the monsters/ humans weaknesses and prepare the correct oils for your sword and even the bombs they are weak against.