By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 - Out Now! Impressions?

Tagged games:

Opinion?

Excellent! 254 42.62%

Great! 71 11.91%

Good 32 5.37%

It's OK 32 5.37%

Eh... 13 2.18%

No thanks 20 3.36%

Get this thing out of here! 7 1.17%

See results 164 27.52%

Total:593
Hynad said:
dane007 said:

You are comparing  the biggest open world  game on console with no  loading times to  games where you are limited to one direction and minimal exploration?  Put bloodbourne and the order into an open world game and you wont that leevl of graphics.  For me bloodbourne looked ugly with jaggies and horrible frame pacing issues.

Funny you'd say that. The Witcher 3 on consoles has frame rate issues just as bad, if not wrose than what's in Bloodborne. Which makes me wonder if you've even played Bloodborne.

xbox one which my oldest played has  judder as it hovers between 30-40 after day 1 patch. and its not even near as bad as the frame pacing issue in bloodbourne where precision combat is important. So far with the witcher 3, the only frame rate thats bad is in the cutscenes and thas due to the bug after installing day 1 patch. in actual gameplay at least for  xbox one is just judder to varied frame rate between 30-40. its very smooth from what i have sen with my brother playing it and teh comabt is far more responsive as well

Around the Network
Headshot said:
dane007 said:
StokedUp said:
One thing I've noticed and like is the combat isn't easy! You can find your life bar really low quite fast when in a fight with someone, it's not as demon/dark souls but it's still good to have to dodge and block rather than just hack away easily.

in the witcher series, you have to know which type of sword to use and dodge roll alot. Also mix up attack with igni .  Most of the enemies lose alot of life iwth igni except for your wraiths,, where you have to use the trap spell

I'm playing on death march and it makes the combat even more satisfying. You really have to prepare for each fight accordingly knowing the monsters/ humans weaknesses and prepare the correct oils for your sword and even the bombs they are weak against.

Ah good luck with that!. you will be challenged alot and yes it woul dbe more satisfying as each comabt , yo uwould have bee careful how you tackle it.

ironmanDX said:
Conegamer said:

Another user made a similar point earlier...seems to be the case yeah. Not that it's a bad thing but it needs to be balanced so there's still a good sense of rewrd and growth, else what reason is there to play on?

It appears as though completing quests rewards more XP than just fighting, so that could be part of the reason why...

This. Anyone grinding by killing monsters, stop, go to town and talk to people and go to the job board and take everything instead. 

Not only is it more rewarding for experience, the quests are usually varied and well written. You'll enjoy the game much more.  

Pretty sure you get like 0 experience killing monsters.

You must get some since there are things that say 5% more xp for killing monster/humans, but it's practically zero.

As for the original poster in this chain.  Yea level 4 I think is the max one can achieve in the prologue.  I did everything and fought probably everything, looted everything, talked ot everyone, ect.  

But yea you are doing a huge disservice by not doing side quests and stuff.  Hell half of them involve better writing and stories than many games main stories. 

But man talk about a "GRAY" game.  There is like zero black and white in witcher games.  So many quests I end up doing feel like there is no winners ever.  Always feels like i'm trying to pick the lesser of two evils.  Zero happy endings in this game.

Its very intertaining, super imersive, looks amazing (the scenary in this game is mind blowing) but its heavy on the controlls, gameplay could be a lot more fluid. It basicaly controll as heavyly as The Witcher series has always controlled, I was hopping theyd have fixed that in this one, this can eb (and already is) and isue for some ppl, I dont mind it too much.

About the leveling up speed, the game has infinite content basically, if it was easy to lv up youd be on lv 60 (the cap) after like 10 hours of play cause of all the stuf you can do on this game. Dont grind by killing monsters either, do quests and side objectives (like monsters nests, liberating settlements, finding hiden treasures etc).

I'm still baffled by the notice board, I headed back to white orchard village after doing the prologue just to see if I'd missed anything and there were 6 more bits of paper on the board I took them all but non activated a quest, what are they actually for? I've checked my quests menu and there's nothing but I took 6 notices off the notice board.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

Oh another thing. We should turn this into the official discussion and help thread for the witcher 3. Come here to give/find advice off other players.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

I'm loving it so far. I've already put in 25 hours.

13 hours in and Im still level 5. I've got amazing schematics that demand level 27. XD

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

So this is a good game but it is was overhyped, thé reviews Hide so much negative things, its like if they were paid to Hide and lie about this game , i dont see thé " conséquences " for thé secondary quests or every quest except the main, thé only consequences in secondary quests only concern thé quest.

And thé world is not that big, it overhyped here too, you will understand that after 10h in velen

Also, visually, thé game is really disappointing on consoles, really ugly, its sad because it kills all thé artistic work this pop in, fog, 2D trees in front of you

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

And thé character controls are really bad, it lacks of précision when hé walks, on horse

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m