By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox to reveal Xbox One Slim?

Yeah first they come with the 1TB version for this year then next year slim version.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Why would it be to early? Xbox needs to cut cost and this is the most efficient way, while also being able to cut price in the process. By the time it releases it will have almost been 2 years.  this is diffently long enough and the chip I'm sure is done.

The moment they reveal the slim they need to make sure its available from that day. MS is kinda slow in hardware redesign. Plus it takes time to make a big change.

I agree but they have been at least working on this for about a year and I wouldn't doubt they got right on it as sales dipped last spring.

DJEVOLVE said:
daredevil.shark said:

The moment they reveal the slim they need to make sure its available from that day. MS is kinda slow in hardware redesign. Plus it takes time to make a big change.

I agree but they have been at least working on this for about a year and I wouldn't doubt they got right on it as sales dipped last spring.

Well E3 is always when they release their new slim console isn't it? They did it with 360 slim and 360 slim E

DJEVOLVE said:
daredevil.shark said:

As a company Xbox division is doing fine. This gen has a lot of years to cover. Dont get panicked. There is an opportunate time for every move. You just cant spend them at the beginning.

This would force sony to do a 100$ price cut.
If they only cut 50$ and MS has something like this up their sleeves that could be bad for sony.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

As a company Xbox division is doing fine. This gen has a lot of years to cover. Dont get panicked. There is an opportunate time for every move. You just cant spend them at the beginning.

They will just do another version later in the life cycle, I don't see this is as taking steps to early, this is securing your place early.

The more that likely scenario is a 1TB X1 "fat" at $350 bundled with Halo 5. Adding a bigger HDD will allow them to keep the price at $350 and will not increase manufacturing costs by much more. In a way its like having a price cut, more value for same price, without having a price cut. Bundled with Halo 5 will push large amounts of X1s and reduce the impact of the inevitable PS4 price cut.

Can't see there being a Slim and will be surprised if they manage to do it before the PS4. Sony are the masters at slimming their consoles.

But at the same time it could very well happen. MS has to be more aggressive to have a chance to gain back lost ground

I don't know. I mean isn't the Xbox built the way it is so that it can be left on for days at a time? Would they have to cut out some fans or something?

DJEVOLVE said:
Puppyroach said:
I hope they do the same as with the 360s, reveal it at E3 and release it the same day, bigger hard drive for the same price. This will build momentum during the summer. Then drop the price permanently 50$ for the holidays and they would rack up sick numbers in Europe as well.

This was my idea of the best way to sell it, Slim for the summer, pricecut in the beginning of November or late October and market the shit out of Halo 5..
you know Doritos, Mountain dew, Taco Bell, Monster energy drinks, billboards and sponsering massive events. This brought to you by Halo 5. Xbox One Slim now available for $299. That just sounds nice.

I think so to. MS usually release a new model the same day the announce it so it would be awesome. With the holidays and an actual pricecut, tue competition would become harder and all fans would benefit from it.

They have enough this year to keep sales strong.

Would expect it next year, which is probably the point I would jump in.