By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox to reveal Xbox One Slim?

So as you know we heard AMD was making a smaller cheaper 20nm chip last year for the Xbox One. This gives MS enough time to manufacture and stock up for the 2015 holidays.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-smaller-cheaper-cooler-xbox-one-processor-in-development

Not only will this cheapen up the Xbox One's manufacturer cost but it will also appeal to would be owners, along side Halo 5.

So do you think they will reveal Xbox Slim at E3 or wait until gamescom to do so?

Update: This appeared today, Did my thread have anything to do with it? http://www.itsallviral.com/xbox-one-slim-microsoft-e3?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_538270

Around the Network

I think they will hype it up, wait to release it and cut $50 off during the holiday season but only if Sony cuts price, this will allow them to counter.

I think a similar thread was posted a while ago regarding an Xbox One slim model.

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
I think a similar thread was posted a while ago regarding an Xbox One slim model.

I'm sure there was but this is about E3 announcements, as E3 is really close, this is a very relevant question.

I hope they do the same as with the 360s, reveal it at E3 and release it the same day, bigger hard drive for the same price. This will build momentum during the summer. Then drop the price permanently 50$ for the holidays and they would rack up sick numbers in Europe as well.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
darkenergy said:

I'm sure there was but this is about E3 announcements, as E3 is really close, this is a very relevant question.

Ops didn't really read it closely, well hopefully they reveal the Halo 5 limited edition Xbox One slim.

Proud to be a Californian.

Puppyroach said:
I hope they do the same as with the 360s, reveal it at E3 and release it the same day, bigger hard drive for the same price. This will build momentum during the summer. Then drop the price permanently 50$ for the holidays and they would rack up sick numbers in Europe as well.

This was my idea of the best way to sell it, Slim for the summer, pricecut in the beginning of November or late October and market the shit out of Halo 5..
you know Doritos, Mountain dew, Taco Bell, Monster energy drinks, billboards and sponsering massive events. This brought to you by Halo 5. Xbox One Slim now available for $299. That just sounds nice.

Still to early.

daredevil.shark said:
Still to early.

Why would it be to early? Xbox needs to cut cost and this is the most efficient way, while also being able to cut price in the process. By the time it releases it will have almost been 2 years.  this is diffently long enough and the chip I'm sure is done.

DJEVOLVE said:
daredevil.shark said:
Still to early.

Why would it be to early? Xbox needs to cut cost and this is the most efficient way, while also being able to cut price in the process. By the time it releases it will have almost been 2 years.  this is diffently long enough and the chip I'm sure is done.

The moment they reveal the slim they need to make sure its available from that day. MS is kinda slow in hardware redesign. Plus it takes time to make a big change.