By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Single Player takes 5 to 7 hours!

Samus Aran said:

Wish it was longer, but I feared this would happen. Singleplayer should have been 15 hours or something with double the levels.

I wonder what the development time was for this. I just can't see this game review well. Nintendo should have just delayed it.

I'm honestly surprised. Unexpected to see you making this comment.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Volterra_90 said:
That's good to hear. It's not short for a game that's focused on the multiplayer. In fact, the SP is longer than many recent shooters. If I'm not mistaken, CoD:AW campaign is about 6/7 hours, Titanfall doesn't have a proper campaign... It's enough to keep me busy until they start to add more maps and modes later. And it has collectives, and I'm in love with them :P.

I agree in one thing, 60$ is expensive. I don't know why in some places the game is more expensive (I paid 30€ for the game) than in here, but, maybe, in the end, the game will worth that price. It depends on the content they are planning to release.

I'll bet those going on about the price/value still bought MK8 for $60.

Yeah, I'm talking only about the initial content. MK8 came with 32 tracks in the online mode, Splatoon will only come with 5 maps and 2 online modes. I'm 90 % convinced that the game will definitely worth its prize when all the content releases, but I get why some people might be concerned about it. I trust Nintendo in doing this well. I understand that Splatoon is a new IP with new and fresh mechanics, it's starting from zero, so thinking about new great modes, new ways to play... it takes time. But this franchise has a lot of potential! I'm very excited :)

I thought more people would be complaining. I see people complain over TLOU 12 hour singleplayer, but this is okay lol

think-man said:
I thought more people would be complaining. I see people complain over TLOU 12 hour singleplayer, but this is okay lol

I dont get whats funny? Are the same people who said negative things there (TLoU) posting here positive things here?

Also weird comparison. 

think-man said:

Where do you see that people? O_o

Also comparing Splatoon with The Last of Us... an online shooter with an adventure game with tons of cutscenes... Titanfall should be the worst game ever since its single campaign lasts 0 hours, seeing the reviews and the sales... people was not very angry about it, maybe because it was, you know, an online shooter.

Around the Network

Thats a pretty solid chunk of time, and pretty much the best you could ask for out of 28 levels.

Good news imo

think-man said:

This is the first game of its kind. TLOU did nothing new or even slightly creative.

So yeah, I'll cut it some slack.

Wright said:
Samus Aran said:

Wish it was longer, but I feared this would happen. Singleplayer should have been 15 hours or something with double the levels.

I wonder what the development time was for this. I just can't see this game review well. Nintendo should have just delayed it.

I'm honestly surprised. Unexpected to see you making this comment.

Keep in mind I'm strictly speaking about review scores. It's obvious that this game would have gotten better scores if it released in August with 4 online multiplayer modes, 15 multiplayer maps, custom matchmaking and more weapons and gear. By August this game will have more than enough content. Much more than Mario Kart 8 for example. And from what I've played and the future dlc that's coming, it deserves a higher score than Mario Kart 8. Splatoon will have much more content and variety than MK8 by August.

Critics will sadly not take the free dlc that's coming into account.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
HOLY SHIT!
Its like a shooter!

Shooters used to take longer than 7 hours to complete. Metroid Prime being an example.

AlfredoTurkey said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
HOLY SHIT!
Its like a shooter!

Shooters used to take longer than 7 hours to complete. Metroid Prime being an example.

Metroid Prime is a first person adventure game. Which has no online or multiplayer (except Prime 2).

And no, I didn't forget Hunters, that game doesn't exist for me. :)