By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Single Player takes 5 to 7 hours!

super_etecoon said:
I never expected a single player when it was revealed. My feelings regarding this game have waxed and waned with the news as my expectations have been tempered and inflated. Right now they're in the tempered state and I may end up not buying day one to see what gets shown at E3. My last retail purchase was SSB, so I was really expecting this to be hitting a lot harder. I wasn't very excited about MK8, though, and that became my favorite WiiU game. Who knows...maybe this manages to defy my expectations in the same way. I have a feeling it won't, though.

Did you try the demo?

Around the Network

Still can't make up my mind about whether to get this game or not....

Goodnightmoon said:
Angelv577 said:
WhiteSky said:
5-7 hours is good for a shooter without quick time events and cutscenes

yeah like COD but with less multiplayer modes.

Every Splatoon will be bigger than the previous one, the same as CoD, or Smash Bros. And this will be pretty huge in few months.

And at least is the first one of something fresh, not the 15º version of the same in 10 years.

Let not talk about something that it's not even in plans for Nintendo or at least not right now.  so for now the game should be judge based on what it has right now and besides saying that it's like COD is more of a compliment.  COD games are reviewed well and a lot of people still find fun in it.

Einsam_Delphin said:
super_etecoon said:
I never expected a single player when it was revealed. My feelings regarding this game have waxed and waned with the news as my expectations have been tempered and inflated. Right now they're in the tempered state and I may end up not buying day one to see what gets shown at E3. My last retail purchase was SSB, so I was really expecting this to be hitting a lot harder. I wasn't very excited about MK8, though, and that became my favorite WiiU game. Who knows...maybe this manages to defy my expectations in the same way. I have a feeling it won't, though.

Did you try the demo?

I've got way too much going on to squeeze myself into their super tiny hour windows they've alloted.  The demo is downloaded, but trying to match up to their time scheme has proved fruitless. I saw the latest announcement as well, but I think I'd rather them work through whatever matchmaking and functionality bugs they need to before I dip in.  I'm positive I will get the game...I just don't know if it will be day and hour one for me.

I expected this. I guess this is ok.

Around the Network

You can't really ask more for a shooter that is multiplayer focused anyways. As long as the single player is enjoyable and introduces the game well enough, it did its job.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Short. And even with that, they can't release on time. Something bad is happening at Nintendo.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Short. And even with that, they can't release on time. Something bad is happening at Nintendo.

Explain why something bad is happening at Nintendo because of the length of Splatoon's Single Player campaign as evidence?

Angelv577 said:

Let not talk about something that it's not even in plans for Nintendo or at least not right now.  so for now the game should be judge based on what it has right now and besides saying that it's like COD is more of a compliment.  COD games are reviewed well and a lot of people still find fun in it.

I have nothing against CoD, but its main problem is Splatoons best virtue. Cod shows fatigue on its mechanics, it doesn´t feel fresh anymore, it is still funny, and it´s huge because it had a lot of time and sequels to grow. Now CoD only has to reuse a lot of maps, weapons, mechanics, modes, etc to be huge.

On the other side everything on Splatoon is fresh, the concept, mechanics, the weapons, the aesthetic, the whole game is something new, is not so big at first, but it feels exciting and genuine.

Pros and cons.

Also, honestly, it´s pretty clear this is not going to be the only Splatoon Nintendo makes.

He did say it's a couple of hours longer if you try to find all the hidden scrolls. Which is good for me as I always try to find all the collectibles.