By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2015 NPD Thread! XBO #1: 187k, PS4: 174k, 3DS: 116k, Wii U: 42k

thismeintiel said:
I get being excited for a XBO win, but some of this comments are ridiculous. "Sony should be worried." "Sony needs to cut the price." While is going to cut the price this year, they aren't feeling any pressure to rush it because the XBO beat it in the US by a mere 13K?

I can guarantee you that way more than that preordered and are waiting for the B:AK bundle, limited or standard, which definitely could explain the loss. Even without the explanation, it would take the XBO about 3 1/2 years to close the gap if these types of wins keep happening. Of course, that's just the US. So yea, not much pressure.

I agreed with this.

I also predict PS4 above XBO by 1.5:1 in June NPD.

Around the Network

Wow,

Borderlands still selling very well

Ryng_Tolu said:
Kresnik said:

It was 30k PS TV / 30k Vita in February, so I don't think we can conclude anything concrete :P

Oh, in this case, Vita TV = Vita

2,500 + 2,500 = Vita total sales 5,000.

Nah...

In February i don't know what is happen, but Vita was some good deals in Amazon and even some promotion on GameStop and other, so, the Vita TV sales in February are explode, but still at Vita level...

Definitive by March the Vita sales are back "normal", so, i think Vita is between x3 and x5 TV sales.

He wants to say that Playstation Vita did 30k without new games or bundles in February 2015.
30k could be the baseline of PS Vita. 

Dr.Vita said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Nah...

In February i don't know what is happen, but Vita was some good deals in Amazon and even some promotion on GameStop and other, so, the Vita TV sales in February are explode, but still at Vita level...

Definitive by March the Vita sales are back "normal", so, i think Vita is between x3 and x5 TV sales.

He wants to say that Playstation Vita did 30k without new games or bundles in February 2015.
30k could be the baseline of PS Vita. 

Vita sold 150,000 in December. i think the Vita basis can be 150k. no.

February is the most important month withouth holidays in the US, look all console in February (Withouth 3DS because of course did amazing thanks the new version):

PS4: 342,000

XBO: 276,000

WU: 96,000

March:

Battlefield+BloodBorne+Type 0 = PS4 sold less than in February...

The same for XBO, and March is a 5 weeks month VS 4 weeks February.

WU with Mario Party in March have sold less than in February, even if February have 4 weeks...

In short, February is too big month, is not possible that Vita in month like April/May can do at the February level, unrless some important fact like pricedrop or a new game (and maybe not even in this case).

Ryng_Tolu said:

Nah...

It's had some good deals this month too ($40 Gamestop/Amazon), but not for April I don't think, no.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
PSVita estimate.
Jan: 6,600 TV version, 28,000 Vita.
Considering we have 2,500, Vita is probabily at 10,000 or some like this, so, i estimate 12,500 for Vita.

Any way, i hate when Sony don't released any numbers. -_-

I'm not sure you can use PSTV sales as a base for Vita sales? Especially with the heavy discounting that thing got.

What's been the trend for PS Vita sales? I thought 5000 US sales a week was lowball for Vita?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Everything we know so far is in the OP!

so, apparently, there were some killer XBOne deals in April (almost $200 toward an XBOne is you trade in a 360, at least at Best Buy, if not anywhere else) and I'm seeing that, anecdotally, people are possibly holding out on PS4 for the Batman bundle?

Explains how XBOne overcame PS4 in April. But then, that'll make May very interesting. If people really are holding out for the Batman bundle, what are PS4 May numbers gonna look like? Are these XBOne deals still going on?

Ryng_Tolu said:
Ninty comparation

home in third year:
Wii april 2009: 340,000
GC april 2004: 96,000
WU april 2015: 42,000

Portable in fifth year:
DS april 2009: 1,040,000 ( mother of god o.O )
GBA april 2005: 170,000
3DS april 2015: 114,000

You must be the worst Nintendo fan. Why do you hate WiiU3DS?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Ninty comparation

home in third year:
Wii april 2009: 340,000
GC april 2004: 96,000
WU april 2015: 42,000

Portable in fifth year:
DS april 2009: 1,040,000 ( mother of god o.O )
GBA april 2005: 170,000
3DS april 2015: 114,000

You must be the worst Nintendo fan. Why do you hate WiiU3DS?

xD