By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Wii V PS3............ who will win

Both the Nintendo Wii and PS3 were launched around the same  time and have been available for 16 months. The Nintendo Wii launched for $250 US and the PS3 launched at $599 US. Mixed fortunes indeed in that short 16 months since their launch.

Lets take a look at the total world wide console sales figures as at 12th March 2008:

Nintendo Wii = 22.40 million sold     PS3 = 10.77 million sold

Wow thats more than double. PS3 is getting pwned to the tune of 11.63 million consoles.

Now lets look at software sales, interesting even greater difference in favour of the Wii. PS3 is getting pwned this generation by Nintendo Wii. Now the battle is on for second place.

Around the Network

What was the point of this thread. LOL Everybody knows this.

I think this is in response to the Xbox360 vs. PS2 thread.....atleast I think so.

Regardless I don't know but at face value I guess this thread is fine so w/e

OT: The wii is going to win this generation more than likely, barring an act of God and/or Satan.

PS3 duhh.

who knows? my opinion i think the wii will win.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

This thread is designed just to give numbers and lets them speak for themselves. Bear in mind sale trends can change in time so a slow start is not necessarily a bad thing.

::Finds Tylenol for the headaches this thread will cause::

::Rests pointer comfortably over the lock button::

Please lock it, this thread was designed and intended by the OP as a flamebait. and flamebait it will inevitable be.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

WTH is the point of this thread, all it contains is the info. on the front page.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

I think the WonderSwan will make a comeback and win. Go WonderSwan!