By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Wii V PS3............ who will win

Lock the thread. how come? its stating the obvious no false/ misleading information is here. I say lock every other thread that compares different consoles, that is if you lock this one.

Around the Network

Well Krik in another thread compared sales of the PS2 and 360 despite the fact that the 360 is more expensive and the PS2 is the most popular console ever. I'm sure he'll be in here arguing that price shouldn't even be a consideration when we're comparing these sales.

Torillian said:
I think this is in response to the Xbox360 vs. PS2 thread.....atleast I think so.

Regardless I don't know but at face value I guess this thread is fine so w/e

OT: The wii is going to win this generation more than likely, barring an act of God and/or Satan.

Probably yes, but it will be much closer (percentage wise) than what it is right now. In 2 years the Wii will not be 2x the sales of the PS3, it will be much less. At the end of the generation (in 5 years or so) I expect PS3 and Wii to be pretty close in total sales (Wii ahead by a maximum of 20%). 

Also, I do not believe the Wii will be selling double-PS3 numbers this year. No chance at all, right now the Wii is selling about 160% the PS3 numbers and last year it was more than 200%.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 08th Mar 2008:

ConsoleWiiPS3
Total

Nintendo still has WiiFit and Mario Kart to launch in the first half of 2008 but the PS3 has some good titles later in the year so and I expect the PS3 to be selling on par with the Wii for the second half of the year. But we will see. 

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

The price of the PS3 should not really be a comparison to the Nintendo Wii. The PS3 will drop closer to the Wii's price and we will see that the Wii was not value for money. The PS3 at same price of the Wii - there would be no Wii.

Rock on 2008 likes to troll and do other silly things. I find it funny because he makes fun of all the systems...except my precious Nintendo DS. Rock on, so help me, if you make fun of the DS I will look for you, hunt you down, do whatever it takes to find you and let my dog loose on you! Oh yes, you will be mine!

Really though, twesterm, how can you lock this thread? Any thread created on 311 Day should get a free pass.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Well Krik in another thread compared sales of the PS2 and 360 despite the fact that the 360 is more expensive and the PS2 is the most popular console ever. I'm sure he'll be in here arguing that price shouldn't even be a consideration when we're comparing these sales.

I also posted the PS3 vs PS2 and the results were much closer (10M vs 12M) and the PS3 is even more expensive than the 360... by your logic the difference between PS2 and PS3 should be even larger than the difference between PS2 and 360.

Price does matter but it's not all. Anyway, that is another thread ;)

How would an overdue Nintendo Wii price cut affect the market. It would have a huge impact and boost Nintedno Wii console sales. Price cuts are always a good thing as we have seen with all consoles over time. The PS3 two price cuts last year significantly boosted sales.

krik said:
Legend11 said:

I also posted the PS3 vs PS2 and the results were much closer (10M vs 12M) and the PS3 is even more expensive than the 360... by your logic the difference between PS2 and PS3 should be even larger than the difference between PS2 and 360.

Price does matter but it's not all. Anyway, that is another thread ;)

Ok so price matters when it's the PS3 vs. Wii but it doesn't matter when it's the 360 vs. PS2? Ok... *rolls eyes*

No by my logic the PS3 should be doing far better since it's coming off the most successful console of all time. The 360 is tracking ahead of the original Xbox yet the PS3 is falling behind the PS2. Please explain that one to me. Oh and the 360 was priced higher than the original Xbox during that time as well.

Rock_on_2008 said:
The price of the PS3 should not really be a comparison to the Nintendo Wii. The PS3 will drop closer to the Wii's price and we will see that the Wii was not value for money. The PS3 at same price of the Wii - there would be no Wii.

I disagree, a lot of the Wii sales are from casuals (typical non-gamers), these people would still buy the Wii even if the PS3 was priced the same. They didn't even considered a PS3/360, the only reason they got a console was because it's the Wii. 

Also, Nintendo fans (and there are a lot of them) would still buy the Wii.

Price is not always important... Wii proved that.

wow! i'm so shock by these numbers, who knew the wii was outselling the Ps3. It's not like it is not blasted all over the FRONT PAGE.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)