By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Super Mario 3D World will outsell Super Mario Sunshine

Who will win?

Sunshine 21 23.60%

3D World 63 70.79%

Who cares about Mario? 5 5.62%

Total:89

If the Wii U is not replaced within the next few years it will.

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Around the Network

If VGChartz is accurate with it's 6.3m figure, 3D World will fall short.
On the other hand, 5.5m is beatable.
3D World definitely deserves it more, as much as it lacks ambition.

It should outsell it eventually. They're both great games, though. 

Sunshine is much better than 3D world. But setting that aside, I don't think it has a momentum to sell the extra amound needed to beat Sunshine.

Before I clicked on this thread I was like "Naw man Wii U probably won't even outsell GameCube.", then I saw the OP and I was like, "Good point. It's likely."

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Around the Network

It may... On Gamecube. If the release Sunshine on WiiU as well (like what they did with Ww HD), not a chance

Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

so 1,5 millions to go?

if re-release in different format yes!
maybe 7 millions WW.

Switch!!!

Yeah i think its possible for sure

Super Mario 3D World is like a whole game of the levels where you lost the water-gun in Sunshine. Since those were the best levels in Sunshine easily, 3D World is much better and therefore I hope it does much better in sales also .

When it released, I predicted the game would outsell Sunshine in the long run and as of yet it still seems like a good possibility!

Will be close but I can see 3D World winning this battle.