By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Super Mario 3D World will outsell Super Mario Sunshine

Who will win?

Sunshine 21 23.60%

3D World 63 70.79%

Who cares about Mario? 5 5.62%

Total:89

So, as we know from Nintendo's fiscal earnings report, Super Mario 3D World is currently sitting at 4.10m units sold WW as of March 31st, 2015 (which includes bundles and digital copies). This is after a little less than 1.5 years on the market (it launched in November of 2013).

On the flip side, Super Mario Sunshine had sold 5.5m copies as of June 2006, roughly 3 years after being on the market (it launched in July/August 2002 in JP/NA), after the game was re-released as a Player's Choice for the GameCube in 2003.

Super Mario 3D World is currently bundled with many Wii U systems and has yet to be re-released at a discounted price, which will surely boost sales in the future. Super Mario Sunshine, according to VGC, has currently sold 6.31m units (although I can't find official record of this, so it could very well be closer to 6m than 6.5m).

What do you think? Will the Sunshine prevail or will pseudo-3D dominate?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

I always said it will

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Yea i can see it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I seriously HATE to say it, but I think sunshine will stay supreme over 3d world :( even though 3d World is IMO a far superior mario showing. It will have to more than double its sales to equal sunshine :(

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

It's possible, but I think it would be really close..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I have good faith that 3D World will outsell Sunshine.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I hope!!

it will happen

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Can not see it happening. But not impossible

It better not. SM3DW doesn't deserve it.