By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 Exceeds 1 Million Pre-orders

Around the Network

1.5-2M first week

That is very impressive. What is most surprising is how well the game is doing on PS4, at least if Amazon is to be believed, considering this is the first time the franchise has released on a PS platform.

That is wonderful. The game is shaping up to be a huge success. Too bad it's not a game I'd enjoy, but I am very happy for them anyway.

Very nice!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I predict it'll have a combined opening of more than 1 million.

From the look's of things, those pre-orders are well earned.

Loved the first Witcher, loved the second Witcher more and I expect that I will love this one the most.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Whats going to be more interesting will be the split. Since these are worldwide pc and ps4 make up a HUGE chunk of that 1 million.

Great.

Kinda off-topic: I thought they officially removed the "3" from the game's name, but the official twitter account puts it in it like it's 2005

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

I would have pre ordered if we had services like that. But I will be getting it in day one for my PS4. They deserve it (I am still annoyed about the downgrade).