By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon Go on and Sell 3mil Lifetime? (Shipped+Digital) [Update: 2.42mil LTD, 80% There]

OfficerRaichu15 said:
NOPE NOPE NOPE
nada
its a new ip that only the media and nintendo fas know
it could do 1.5 million shipped though.

Around the Network

Probably not. It's a niche sort of game, but it should have good word of mouth. A million would be a pretty big success. I'd guess 750K.

gergroy said:
Nope, doubt it will even sell a million honestly. I'm expecting W101 numbers...

Well, maybe 3m is too much, but the W101 numbers are too low. According to COMG, Splatoon have more than 20 point. usually 1 point = 1,000 unit.

Splatoon is gonna to have more than 50 point before released, that mean +50,000 sold, maybe even more.

W101 first week sold just 5k...

I expect 1,500,000 lifetime for Splatoon, as well it can sell under 1m, but the W101 numbers seriusly no way.

Not a chance, imo. It will be lucky to break 1mil and I think it will probably end around 850k.

not sure about 3 million but i can definitely see it passing a million thanks to that beta and good word of mouth.

Around the Network

Reaching 1M should be considered a massive success.

I'm pretty sure that it will reach a million but 3? Not very likely.

Playing: F1 2016 (PC), Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Watching: Hajime no Ippo, Attack on Titan (4th time)
Upcoming purchases in October:
-TBD

3m is really high, but easily will pass 1m, I say 1-2m.

I just finished playing the demo ... it's decent fun but no way is it sniffing those types of sales.

I'm predicting over 2 million. But there are some things that need to happen. Nintendo needs to make a Splatoon bundle. And not just with the game, but they gotta toss in an amiibo too. They also need to advertise the hell out of it and consider a buy one get one deal like they did with MK8. If they do this, then I think that 2+ million wouldn't be a issue.