By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon Go on and Sell 3mil Lifetime? (Shipped+Digital) [Update: 2.42mil LTD, 80% There]

Who knows, but something's pretty clear here: it won't do less than 500K either, a quantity that I was originally expecting. There's a push from Nintendo, including ads, showcasing of the game in events, demos, pre-order bonuses, etcetera. For this, I think it should do at least decently. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Way too high imho.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I think it could stretch to 2 million.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
tbone51 said:

Ok but reviewers dont affect sales as much as you think, i can name many examples where games got high scores yet didn't sell well and the opposite way too.

For an unproven IP I think reviews play a much bigger factor than reviews for say AC or GTA or w/e. 

Cant deny that^

No way too much maybe 650k lifetime

Around the Network

Nope, then again I don't think it'll even hit 750k.

Will it even do half that or 1/3 of that? I doubt it

I will say yes i think it will have a small opening but an amazing leg

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

3 million ? nah it will sell 8 or 9 millions ofcourse.

Maybe one million.

Well, this is new.

Read.