By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon Go on and Sell 3mil Lifetime? (Shipped+Digital) [Update: 2.42mil LTD, 80% There]

2M

Around the Network

Splatoon did to shooters what Mario Kart did to racing games and Smash Bros. for fighting games.

Only Nintendo can do this.

Mummelmann said:
There are five 3 million sellers on the Wii U and all five are either Mario games or Nintendoland. So; no, 3 million is way too high an expectation. 1 million should be considered a raging success imo.

SSB aint a Mario game, and nobody buys it for Mario :p

That said yes i agree, 1mil would be a raging success, and though i think 3mil is a far reach, i believe if any game could get close to that figure on wiiu, it be this. 

I do believe This game is being underestimated (in sales), Hopefully its over 1mil before Holidays and its over 1.5mil By end of 2015, but i'll settle with 1mil at the same time...

This game better have a big single player or I think its gonna get slammed in reviews for not having enough content and Nintendo probably isn't gonna drop the price, so if it gets that stigma of not having enough content and it stays $60 its gonna cut its legs.

Hell yes! :D

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Splatoon did to shooters what Mario Kart did to racing games and Smash Bros. for fighting games.

That attitude is exactly what im looking at. I dont think Splatoon will be the next MK8+SSB in terms of major success, but i think it can be another franchise that needs to be made once per generation because it fits in the same categories as SSB+MK. And that is must haves with some of the best multiplayer fun on a nintendo system!!!

tbone51 said:
Mummelmann said:
There are five 3 million sellers on the Wii U and all five are either Mario games or Nintendoland. So; no, 3 million is way too high an expectation. 1 million should be considered a raging success imo.

i believe if any game could get close to that figure on wiiu, it be this. 

Zelda? 

If Splatoon is not a big system seller now, don´t worry, it will be the next time, for sure.

Samus Aran said:

And what did MK do to racers and SSB do to fighting games?

KingdomHeartsFan said:

This game better have a big single player or I think its gonna get slammed in reviews for not having enough content and Nintendo probably isn't gonna drop the price, so if it gets that stigma of not having enough content and it stays $60 its gonna cut its legs.

It definitely will have a big single player if the trailers are to go by anything. And the single player focuses on platforming MUCH MUCH MUCH more than Multiplayer.

It has enough content as is, we'll be getting the entire package with updates throughout the summer. Not 100% saying its right but obviously they couldn't put the full thing in day 1. If it were paid dlc, then there would be a problem.