By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon... could be great. Motion controls are terrible, Nintendo online shenanigans etc

i tried first with no motion controls. Im still not used to control shooter games with right analog stick.
So, i only played well with roller.
But in the second hour i changed to right analog+motion controls, and it was much more easy to control..
Then i was able to play with the splatter and charger.
I wish every shotter game on controllers (that have gyroscope) had optional motion controls for fine aim control.

The best shooter control is a mouse, and mouse is a motion control...

no problems with online here in brazil.

Around the Network
Turkish said:

Awsome.

The thing is if Nintendo just made the choice of turning them off blatantly obvious, like a simple "yes or no to motion controls" after the tutorial instead of tucking them away safe and sound in the options then I wouldn't have been frustrated playing it and it wouldn't have lead to this thread, partially.

So... NINTENDO IS AT FAULT!

Yeah, i was pretty pissed after the first hour too. The game got like 1000% better to me as i noticed i can set off motion controls. I had the same issues with the camera and co, finding me pressing all the time y but it just didnt worked well^^

Turkish said:
NiKKoM said:
I agree with Turkish.. I haven't played the game or have a WiiU but its so strange that no one agreed with him in this thread

I don't think it's strange. The populace at large who are into other consoles haven't played the beta so they're unable to comment on it, while Wii U owners are mostly Nintendo fans, so criticism is few and stands out more. I said the game was great, yet people are lambasting the thread as "yet another wii u game hate thread". This game could prolly be my favourie shooter in 2015 depending on SWBF later in the year.

Then, how the fu*k would they try the beta? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Turkish said:
JNK said:
I agree mainly with your post.

i realle hate the motion controls too and i just turned them off in the second hour and boom i got in EVERY GAME first place in my team. The motion is really bad in my opinion but as long you can turn them off im happy.

I had no issues with online in any way but i heard that many had. So i dont know about that it worls 100% fine for me. 0 problems.

And i really want a pro controller support for the game too. Its not impossible to add.
To jump to your teammate you can easily use the dpad on the pro controller (arrow up = teammate 1, arrow right = teammate 2,...).
It would be way better for me to get a minimap on the tv instead of the map on the gamepad. Im almost never checking the gamepad (because i play the game on the tv!!!) and its hard to not loose the orientation without a minimap.

Also: if they would do it that way, it would easily be possible to play together local online (like in cod). One play on gamepad one on tv. That would be alot fun and i think good advertisment. My friends already love mario kart 8 but if they also could play some spaltoon online together with me, they might even get the wii u just for the game.
The local 1vs1 doesnt soudn that spectacular though...

Awsome.

The thing is if Nintendo just made the choice of turning them off blatantly obvious, like a simple "yes or no to motion controls" after the tutorial instead of tucking them away safe and sound in the options then I wouldn't have been frustrated playing it and it wouldn't have lead to this thread, partially.

So... NINTENDO IS AT FAULT!

They repeatedly said you csn though. I dint even own a Wii U and knew you could.

Smear-Gel said:

They repeatedly said you csn though. I dint even own a Wii U and knew you could.

the problem for me was that you had a half motion half stick control first. 

you could use the stick for right and left but not up and down (up and down only motion). And that made it really bad for me.

So firstly i thought thats it. That the stick control would only work for left and right. and that was soo bad...

Around the Network
pokoko said:
OP, criticizing elements of a Nintendo game is frowned upon here. I hope you've learned your lesson. Next time, I'm going straight for the Report button.

Just say that it was awesome, that Nintendo has revolutionized shooters, and move on.

Yeah I had no troubles with connecting, none at all. Also, my games were completely lag free as far as I'm aware.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Turkish said:

(...) while Wii U owners are mostly Nintendo fans, so criticism is few (...)

Yes, the wiiu owners are mostly fanboys so they are hidding the truth, they hate the controls but they say they love them, and they had tons of problem connecting but they say they hadn´t. Riiiight...

Connection wise I had no problem and I was surprised by this. I had easier time and faster time than joining a game than I did Halo and Destiny.

I find that controller to have an annoying learning curve. So I do agree with you on that one. 

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread