By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon... could be great. Motion controls are terrible, Nintendo online shenanigans etc

OP, you should test your Internet connection on speedtest.net. Give the results here.
So far you are still the only person with any major connection problems. If your connection is 7mbps or 7Mb/s then it might be time to consider upgrading, that's hardly usable for many online applications, especially gaming, plus you might be having ping issues. Do you use wireless? If it is indeed 7MB, that should be fine since it's roughly 56mbps, but that is an odd number from an is as they generally use mbps and use round numbers.
As far as motion controls are concerned, some will like them, others will not, it's moot since it can be changed so it really should be removed from the original post.
Nintendo fans are more than willing to be critical of their games just as any fan is, but there are also others on all fronts that are not willing to say anything bad about their system of choice.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network

Within the first hour weapon balancing felt mediocre. Though that depends as well on the arena. And it can get really chaotic.

Not beeing able to see the loadouts of the team you can have a whole team with the same weapons in the wrong level for those.

There are some issues. Bad matchmaking and controls wheren't today.

Edit:
I actually have around 7Mbit/s. But no issues.

Dusk said:
OP, you should test your Internet connection on speedtest.net. Give the results here.
So far you are still the only person with any major connection problems. If your connection is 7mbps or 7Mb/s then it might be time to consider upgrading, that's hardly usable for many online applications, especially gaming, plus you might be having ping issues. Do you use wireless? If it is indeed 7MB, that should be fine since it's roughly 56mbps, but that is an odd number from an is as they generally use mbps and use round numbers.
As far as motion controls are concerned, some will like them, others will not, it's moot since it can be changed so it really should be removed from the original post.
Nintendo fans are more than willing to be critical of their games just as any fan is, but there are also others on all fronts that are not willing to say anything bad about their system of choice.

I have 5.58 mbps and 14 ping (wireless). My Wii U is a bit closer to the router though. I had no issues.

pokoko said:
OP, criticizing elements of a Nintendo game is frowned upon here. I hope you've learned your lesson. Next time, I'm going straight for the Report button.

Just say that it was awesome, that Nintendo has revolutionized shooters, and move on.

This, Nintendo guys are so defensive.

rolltide101x said:
pokoko said:
OP, criticizing elements of a Nintendo game is frowned upon here. I hope you've learned your lesson. Next time, I'm going straight for the Report button.

Just say that it was awesome, that Nintendo has revolutionized shooters, and move on.

If you played the game you'd have known the OP is bullocks.

Around the Network
Dusk said:

I have no choice but to use 3 megabits sometimes. 3 works for every game I have ever played except for The Last of Us and The Last of Us Remastered. 7 is more than enough for an online game.

Samus Aran said:
Dusk said:

I have 5.58 mbps and 14 ping (wireless). My Wii U is a bit closer to the router though. I had no issues.

Im running less than 2mbps and i was still able to play so much matches. like i said before, my max waiting time was like 1 minute, and no lag during match at all. Weird how this one guy is the only one really bitching about it. It would make sense if like 50% of the people here found it VERY frustrating, but its only like 5% 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Samus Aran said:
rolltide101x said:

He didn't know you could turn off motion controls and he is having connection issues? How do you know who's end the connection issues are on? He could have a bad install of the game..... Pretty much anything is possible but people are just saying "this isn't happening to me, so I am going to attack you"

bunchanumbers said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Same here, I was trying to play the minigame but only 30 seconds and I was in battle again. Just one time I wait for 1 minute and I was able to play the minigame properly

Higher levels add more difficulty. There are ice platforms, moving cloud platforms, and there are powerups. One gives you a instant boost, and the other one lets you double jump, but you still need to charge to jump higher. I really liked it.

OH! the max level was 3 for me =( 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

rolltide101x said:
Samus Aran said:
rolltide101x said:

He didn't know you could turn off motion controls and he is having connection issues? How do you know who's end the connection issues are on? He could have a bad install of the game..... Pretty much anything is possible but people are just saying "this isn't happening to me, so I am going to attack you"

It isn't happening to 95% of the people who played it yet he's making massive generalisations that Nintendo's online is still in its infancy. 

Why are you defending him?