By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon... could be great. Motion controls are terrible, Nintendo online shenanigans etc

Just played the global test fire. My thoughts: great idea for a multiplayer, gameplay is fun and addicting! The downsides? The controls are TERRIBLE (edit: just been informed that you can turn off motion controls, will try out next time), they need to get rid of the motion controls, most of the time I'm struggling to fix the camera and point ink. I seriously hope they patch in Pro controller support where I just move the gun and camera with the sticks the old way. I'd hate to not be able to play this because of some silly reason as controls.

2nd point: Nintendo's online is still in its infancy. First time booting up I had to wait 10 minutes to find a game, and it automatically gives error every 10 seconds "you were unable to connect to your partner", WTF? Why not let us stay in the pool of eligible, free players waiting to hop in like other games do? Also selecting a different weapon quits your current game, so you have to go through the whole process again (and the matches are short as heeelll). This is just awful, and I'm afraid if it is like this on day 1 I'm not getting it.

Around the Network

lol you can turn off the motion controls you know. I got in and had no issues whatsoever.

You can turn off the motion controls. That works much better for a demo.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

So why don't you turn off the motion controls in the options? Then you can use the right stick for all camera movements (x-axis and y-axis)

You can switch to analog mode after you play the tutorial.

Around the Network

You can disable motion controls in the weapon selection...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I really loved the Gyroscope controls as soon as I got used to them. If they don't suit you, you can turn them off. In general, I found platoon really interesting and I can't wait to try the full content

1. no they are not and patching in the bad normal controlls(pro controller) will not make the game better.

2. its a demo that runs 1 hour, it should be clear that the servers are at max
and we dont know if the mode stays this way or if we get a weapon select screen in the lobby

My real question is why turn off the motion controls? I've been getting first place almost every time. Splattershot Jr is the king. That and being able to switch between squid and humanoid form. After you get used to it, it feels so much better than the analog stick. You get way better control.

Motion controls can be turned off and I had no problems while actually PLAYING online (no lag or framerate issues). Finding a game was pretty easy also. Don't know what you're talking about.