By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon... could be great. Motion controls are terrible, Nintendo online shenanigans etc

Turkish said:
Samus Aran said:

Lol, I had no lag at all and it didn't take long to connect to matches. Much better online than other companies have been offering.

Don't blame your crappy internet on Nintendo.

I have great internet, 7MB/sec, but no one was talking about lag. Read the OP before you hit the reply button, and why are you so defensive, chill out dude, no one's attacking Nintendo.

Maybe because you are making an unnecessary negative thread about things that are not true when all the people that played the game are actually very happy about it and had 0 problems with it. It feels out of place.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Nogamez said:
I had no issues online and just turned off notion control. Simple really I mean which gamer ever doesn't change controls to suit them should off been 1st thing you did

I jumped in the beta on the 2nd run, and I was only able to get in 3 matches, and damned if I was not gonna enjoy it to the fullest than fiddling with the settings!

I think if you had spent 5 seconds changing control scheme ( press + on the weapon select screen) you would off enjoyed it more. Just saying. 

Well, Splatoon finally gets a negative comment. I thought it was going to go unchallenged. Point 1 seems to not be an issue since gyro controls can be turned off, and 2nd point I can't comment on since I haven't played it. but I'll be able to later when I finally give it a shot.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Well, Splatoon finally gets a negative comment. I thought it was going to go unchallenged. Point 1 seems to not be an issue since gyro controls can be turned off, and 2nd point I can't comment on since I haven't played it. but I'll be able to later when I finally give it a shot.

I wouldn't be too worried. He seems to be the only one with any connection issues so far.  

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Dusk said:
Cloudman said:

I wouldn't be too worried. He seems to be the only one with any connection issues so far.  

I don't think I will either, but there is still room for doubt on connections. The net is a weird, unstable place. ; ) Wish me luck on it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

And yet another negative thread about a Wii u game based on falsehoods or user error.

Motion controls in combination with the stick works just phenomenal. I don't see anyting bad with it.

Goodnightmoon said:
Turkish said:

I have great internet, 7MB/sec, but no one was talking about lag. Read the OP before you hit the reply button, and why are you so defensive, chill out dude, no one's attacking Nintendo.

Maybe because you are making an unnecessary negative thread about things that are not true when all the people that played the game are actually very happy about it and had 0 problems with it. It feels out of place.

Well it is true, the motion controls suck, and connecting to games suck because it takes too long and gives out an error every few seconds or so. They should just out right say you can change it to a different control scheme instead of starting the beta with a tutorial for the motion controls.

Vodacixi said:
Motion controls in combination with the stick works just phenomenal. I don't see anyting bad with it.

This. Once I got it down, I felt it was far more accurate and intuitive than a plain old analog stick. Admittedly there is a learning curve, but now I want all my shooters to have controls like this.

I agree with Turkish.. I haven't played the game or have a WiiU but its so strange that no one agreed with him in this thread

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)