By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon... could be great. Motion controls are terrible, Nintendo online shenanigans etc

WhiteSky said:
97alexk said:

I didnt wait long at all, i wated 3 minutes at most. Maybe its your internet connection

3 minutes is really long. I wait max 30 sec and I play most of the time with japanese Player. I want try play squid jump but no waiting time O.o

Same here, I was trying to play the minigame but only 30 seconds and I was in battle again. Just one time I wait for 1 minute and I was able to play the minigame properly

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
WhiteSky said:

3 minutes is really long. I wait max 30 sec and I play most of the time with japanese Player. I want try play squid jump but no waiting time O.o

Same here, I was trying to play the minigame but only 30 seconds and I was in battle again. Just one time I wait for 1 minute and I was able to play the minigame properly

Higher levels add more difficulty. There are ice platforms, moving cloud platforms, and there are powerups. One gives you a instant boost, and the other one lets you double jump, but you still need to charge to jump higher. I really liked it.

Lol, I had no lag at all and it didn't take long to connect to matches. Much better online than other companies have been offering.

Don't blame your crappy internet on Nintendo.

I had no issues online and just turned off notion control. Simple really I mean which gamer ever doesn't change controls to suit them should off been 1st thing you did

Motion controls were fine once I got used to them. I also played with them disabled, but the vertical look sensitivity needs to be turned down and the horizontal turned up... Hopefully we'll have a few options to customize.

Otherwise, the game was a blast and I had no connection issues at all. Online play was smooth as butter.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Higher levels add more difficulty. There are ice platforms, moving cloud platforms, and there are powerups. One gives you a instant boost, and the other one lets you double jump, but you still need to charge to jump higher. I really liked it.

ice platforms, moving cloud platforms, powerups? Really I need to play 8 matches to reach lvl 2 in Squid jump XD

bunchanumbers said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It´s very funny ! It has a lot of charm too.

Also I guess you can choose between the 4 minigames once you unlock and finish the amiibo challenges. They look funny :)

Samus Aran said:

Lol, I had no lag at all and it didn't take long to connect to matches. Much better online than other companies have been offering.

I have great internet, 7MB/sec, but no one was talking about lag. Read the OP before you hit the reply button, and why are you so defensive, chill out dude, no one's attacking Nintendo.

Nogamez said:
I had no issues online and just turned off notion control. Simple really I mean which gamer ever doesn't change controls to suit them should off been 1st thing you did

I jumped in the beta on the 2nd run, and I was only able to get in 3 matches, and damned if I was not gonna enjoy it to the fullest than fiddling with the settings!

Turkish said:
Samus Aran said:

I have great internet, 7MB/sec, but no one was talking about lag. Read the OP before you hit the reply button, and why are you so defensive, chill out dude, no one's attacking Nintendo.

I never disconnected either.

I'm defensive because the OP is far from the truth.