By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 18, 2015 (Apr 27 - May 3)

DerNebel said:
Hiku said:
DerNebel said:
This week really tells us so much about the Wii U in Japan.

What were people expecting?

More, a lot of people were extremely sure that XCX would do over 100k.

But I'm also talking about hardware, in march the PS4 had several weeks above 40k and was always above 30k thanks to game releases, showing that the main thing missing for the system is the software support. This week is Golden week, the Wii U had 2 relatively big releases, one exclusive that came with a bundle, and the system can barely scratch past 20k and can only barely outdo the PS4, that's just really telling imo.

Dragon Quest also came out on Wii and you know that must have affected things

Around the Network

I like to see WiiU so high!

Switch!!!

Could have been better for PS4 given it is golden week

tak13 said:
DerNebel said:

But I'm also talking about hardware, in march the PS4 had several weeks above 40k and was always above 30k thanks to game releases, showing that the main thing missing for the system is the software support. This week is Golden week, the Wii U had 2 relatively big releases, one exclusive that came with a bundle, and the system can barely scratch past 20k and can only barely outdo the PS4, that's just really telling imo.

Aha,so I guessed rightly,it seems that I'm so intelligent that I deciphered what you implied,great comparison dernebel,wii u is in its third year...

Which totally justifies this because it did so much better in its first and second year?

Smear-Gel said:
DerNebel said:

A lot of the PS4 games that came in march also came to PS3. Sure it affected it, but the game still sold over 80k on Wii U (and at this point one could expect that people might finally be sick of the Wii) so expecting larger hardware numbers isn't so farfetched.

Around the Network

That is very very lower than i expect... but +20,000 is good.
Any way, 3DS at 26,000 is the real surprised... Damn, i expect at least 30,000!!!

DerNebel said:
Smear-Gel said:
DerNebel said:

A lot of the PS4 games that came in march also came to PS3. Sure it affected it, but the game still sold over 80k on Wii U (and at this point one could expect that people might finally be sick of the Wii) so expecting larger hardware numbers isn't so farfetched.

I cant prove a thing but I always thought Nintendo gamers were always less enthusiastic to get a new system when a game (even if lesser) was available on one they own already, and Sony gamers werent like that. Though they are like that with the Vita so i dunno.

Is like Golden week never happened. Ps4 is almost selling the same as always, 3DS is not very high, and WiiU is like anybody would expect with the 2 new games and the bundle,  there´s no higher sales on software, is almost like any week of the year.

Btw, is it true that this is only showing half of the Golden Week?

Pretty decent week all round. About where I expected things to be; so it's down to legs now.

Glad to see DQ and XCX do reasonably well, and for the U to get an OK boost. All about momentum now!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Any way, pretty lower numbers ALL console...
I expect 3DS at +35,000, PS4 at +25,000, and Vita at +20,000...

Gloden week is also next week, right? hope the sales will be costant.