By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Rumour: EA launches own console in 2010

so is the PS3 finally doomed due to this

EAstationboxii

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Has the console market ever been able to support 4 consoles?

I suppose since they have Peter Moore they may have an idea about how to launch a console but I don't think it would be wise for EA to make one. Maybe partner exclusively with another hardware manufacturer. We have seen how long it has taken Microsoft who have much deeper pockets than EA to get established. EA wouldn't be able to make that sort of commitment. 

Yes

Onyxmeth said:
First of all, I don't believe the rumor, so let's get that out of the way. If this were true however, this could actually be a big blow and would pull towards sports fanatics. No other console would have an NFL game, which is a pretty big deal. If it also meant exclusive GTA, yet another blow. EA with the possiblity of a Take Two buyout and the unlikely scenario of a Ubisoft buyout could really have some staying power. I still think they will need someone else to allign with like Apple to manufacture a console and split costs with.

That's actually untrue... EA's exclusive deal with the NFL requires them to put a version of their game on all gaming platforms. If EA were to create a version of Madden and release it only for a single platform, they'd be in violation of that contract.

I don't believe this rumor for one second, by the way. EA's business strategy is entirely configured around producing games for anyone and everyone under the sun. They would have to do some massive restructuring to transform into a Sony- or Nintendo-style first-party publisher.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Squall_Leonhart said:
EA games are made to a terrible standard, i can't begin to imagine someone wanting to own a console which games will the this majority...

I would want it. I think EA makes great games. Sorry that most of their games don't feature feminine men with spiky blown hairstyles fighting eachother with magical powers.

P.S.-I don't hate Square at all or FFVIII, just want you to know there are crazies like me in the world that don't hate EA.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I think competition is always good, but I do think this would hurt Sony and Microsoft the most, if it were to happen. Microsoft especially.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

EA, let me give you a hint. If you want to make more money, MAKE BETTER GAMES!

You have to be able to sustain a LOT of potential losses to be competitive in the console market. Look at the XBox, Sega and the first year of the PS3.

NO.....They make BILLIONS of dollars releasing games on every console....Releasing their titles on one console would KILL them...

Sullla said:
Onyxmeth said:
First of all, I don't believe the rumor, so let's get that out of the way. If this were true however, this could actually be a big blow and would pull towards sports fanatics. No other console would have an NFL game, which is a pretty big deal. If it also meant exclusive GTA, yet another blow. EA with the possiblity of a Take Two buyout and the unlikely scenario of a Ubisoft buyout could really have some staying power. I still think they will need someone else to allign with like Apple to manufacture a console and split costs with.

That's actually untrue... EA's exclusive deal with the NFL requires them to put a version of their game on all gaming platforms. If EA were to create a version of Madden and release it only for a single platform, they'd be in violation of that contract.

I don't believe this rumor for one second, by the way. EA's business strategy is entirely configured around producing games for anyone and everyone under the sun. They would have to do some massive restructuring to transform into a Sony- or Nintendo-style first-party publisher.

That may very well be true about Madden but I've tried to google for that info and have come up with nothing. You got a link to back that up with? Take Two doesn't seem to have a problem with their exclusivity agreement and how many consoles they put their baseball games on.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

so... are they going to call it. 4D0? :P

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

ohhh booo, kingofwale, I really wanted to bring up the 3DO. ;)
But seriously though, this sounds like the worst idea ever. EA has been improving its image recently, but c'mon. Now if ActBlizzard came out with a console...