By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Rumour: EA launches own console in 2010

2 years from now the PS3 and Wii will only be 4 years into their life cycles , the 360 5 they'll probbably have a combined userbase of 100-130 Mill @ this point.

I don't think it'd be a smart move to introduce a console in the middle of a lifecycle , I think EA's best bet is 2012.

Around the Network

EA launching it's own console, seems feasable, they do have allot, and I mean allot of games they release each year, so they could make a console and then have every game they own be exclusive to it, perhaps this explains why they want to buy all the devlopers they can , this way they would starve it's competition from games.

EA console can keep their stale upgraded sports sims and other cheap rip off games. EA sports games sucks balls.

The only real thing that EA has going for it is Maxis.

SW-5120-1900-6153

ew... EA hardware wtf!? The only time I'm gonna be forced to buy any consoles from them is when all the games I like are bought by them.

Around the Network
misterd said:
mcdoomer2 said:
Is the cover from April? It might just as well be an april's fool stunt from EGM

While I am leaning in that direction, this is just too rich an idea to simply abandon on the side of the road. Let the debate continue!

my mind was heading the same place too.

also not a big ea fan but i do love ea big (which may be ea canada now, i forget). they made nba street and ssx.

Unless EGM is doing multiple April Fools jokes, this isn't the April Fools gag. Lego Halo was their joke this year.

I don't have a source, but I think I've read before that EA has to release Madden on all consoles. Trying to remember where it was I read that.

I still don't think this is happening though(even if the all console/Madden thing didn't exist). Why would EA take the risk of making their own console(most don't succeed) and at best get a portion of the market, when they can have 100% of the market now? Then they would have to hope everything goes just right so third parties would support it. It might trim dev costs for games(one console instead of many), but most of EA's games aren't costing that much to develop in the first place. And it certainly wouldn't offset the cost of bringing their games to multiple consoles when you factor in the cost of making a console for themselves. Things would have to go perfectly for it to pay off, and they would need to have NES-like market share to make it worth the effort.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

This would just ruin gaming. EA can **** ** ****.

Surely no-one with any real interest in games would buy an EA console.

I can't think of a developer more closely associated with joyless gaming and cynical cash ins.

New it, Predicted this a while back

Hi i'm new
Prediction:
EA will buy as many Companies they can,so they can make a super Console that
will have the most exclusive games, and Will win the next GEN