By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Rumour: EA launches own console in 2010

smiles123 said:
EA is not the biggest games company anymore activision is

no fifa,no nba live, no madden, no metal of honor, no SIMS, no army of two, no battlefield,no NFS,no burnout possibly no GTA...

mmmm....

i dont think so....

But i am a big fan of COD4....

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
would be funny if they'd really tried it, but I don't think it would make much sense to EA, so in my opinion this is highly unlikely to happen

Whether they succeeded or not it would still do significant damage to the MS and Sony's stake if only long enough to give Nintendo an even greater lead in the market.

just want to throw this out there. the NFL's contract with Madden requires that it be released multi-plat. So even if EA made this console, they couldn't have the NFL liscenese exclusively.

I don't understand why people say this would hurt Sony. If anything it might help Sony. They have Gran Turismo, MLB 08, NBA 08, Golf, Soccer and if EA decides to put out their own console it won't be until near the end of their contract with the NFL and the NFL wants their games on all systems so that would open up the opportunity for someone else to put out NFL games or Sony to start another game studio to make NFL games.  So someone looking for a sports game but don't want EAs system would go to Sony.  The gamer that just wants sports games would choose, Sony or EA.

Sony has turned the Ps3 into a western-oriented console, so natureally its attempted new appeal would be hindered by another western competitor.

Of course EA could still release the Madden games Multi-platform, just make sure the version on their console is the ideal one.

Also if the NFL stipulates that their games must be released multi-platform, don't expect Sony, MS or Nintendo to buy up the contract should EA ever lose it.