By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Rumour: EA launches own console in 2010

http://gonintendo.com/?p=37535

Not much info, I don't know if EGM has a good reputation on rumours, but if they're right it's big news.

This could be another reason for them to aquire TakeTwo. All sports titles would go to EA's console with GTA.

Still, I think it would do mediocre, most gamers accept EA, at most. Plus it would seriously damage their income. 

Around the Network

It would wreck the company. People will still buy the big three consoles, and purchase whatever sports games arise to fill the vacuum. Only hardcore Madden obsessives will follow EA.

It is a much talked about topic here on VGchartz, but to actually hear it on a quasi- official rumor page is exciting.

So all EA games and franchises including possibly Take Two would be exclusive to this console?
Presumably.. Yes.
But what if in a totally new tradition of console tactics, the EA console would still allow their first party dev titles to be released on other competing consoles for a very large fee.
Common sense would tell you that Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo would never buy these games.. but If that is the only way that they can get Madden, then EA could charge just about anything they wanted.

It would be win-win for EA.
Imagine if they partner with an existing hardware manufacturer like apple or Samsung. The console would become unstoppable.
And it would have nearly half of all games being made exclusively for it.

Wow.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

EA is evil.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

EA is not the biggest games company anymore activision is

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

Around the Network

EA games are made to a terrible standard, i can't begin to imagine someone wanting to own a console which games will the this majority...

@ultraslick

FORGET MADDEN

they'll have GTA!!

Grand Frikkin Theft Auto!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

EA = Evil Arts. They couldn't pull this off. Nintendo fans would not buy it, by and large. But they could pull off a few xbox and ps fans. There are a few good IPs in EA, but overall they do not do anything new, it is only rehashes (sometimes fun though) of older IPs.

First of all, I don't believe the rumor, so let's get that out of the way. If this were true however, this could actually be a big blow and would pull towards sports fanatics. No other console would have an NFL game, which is a pretty big deal. If it also meant exclusive GTA, yet another blow. EA with the possiblity of a Take Two buyout and the unlikely scenario of a Ubisoft buyout could really have some staying power. I still think they will need someone else to allign with like Apple to manufacture a console and split costs with.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Not great news...Apart from the fact that EA will most likely crash and burn...Unless it launches very cheaply...
This is just a rumour though right? Sounds like a terrible business decision...

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2