By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are there any reasonable metrics by which Nintendo isn't the best video game developer of all time?

Is Nintendo the best?

Yes. Yes, they are. 207 69.23%

I am butthurt. 28 9.36%

Scoreboard 64 21.40%

Total:299

Online features?

It's really weird. They were really ahead of the curve or at least keeping up with it back in 2006 with Metroid Prime Hunters (It had awesome online and even voice chat), but now they've gone backwards by a lot, lol.

Around the Network

Well it depends. A developer that has only made one game, but that has a metacritic of 95, then they would have the best track record...

I think Rockstar, Valve and Blizzard have very good track records...

Online and the fact that they make a certain kind of game. You pretty much know how a game will feel when its developed by Nintendo. Theyre awesome games, lots of fun to play, but if Nint was the only game developer out there there would be a lot of uhappy ppl, we need the variation that the other companies bring to the table.

Nintendo is the best at theyre genre for sure but we will never see somethign like a Bloodborne, a Mass Effect or a grand Tehft Auto comming out of Nintendo. So nintendo is the best at making "Nintendo like" games, no one else manages to come even close to making those kind of games like Nintendo but it lacks quite a bit in other genres.

Toad's the best, he said it himself, so hes all ready won

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I've owned the SNES, N64, Gamecube abd now the WiiU (Wii is wife's).

The Nintendo console I loved the most was the N64. For me it was the best console Nintendo ever made thanks to the games and the variety of them:

Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Donkey Kong 64
Banjo Kazooi
Mario 64
Both Zelda games
Lylat Wars
Mission impossible game
Turok
Shadow man
Conker
Pokemon stadium
Mace
And others

I bought the WiiU for Bayonetta and I loved Super Mario 3D works world, but in terms of games, I don't think Nintendo has been as good. Maybe is nostalgia, I don't know.

In terms of functionality online and offline, and apps, I think they are behind Sony and MS.

Around the Network

Pretty much online in terms of features and modes but apart from that, nothing else really. Even online they have been pretty good since the online component of all their games work at launch which is more than what could be said for some developers but yea, Nintendo still needs to work on it though like adding in more modes.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Pretty much online in terms of features and modes but apart from that, nothing else really. Even online they have been pretty good since the online component of all their games work at launch which is more than what could be said for some developers but yea, Nintendo still needs to work on it though like adding in more modes.

Agreed.  Overall, best developers in gaming.  Their online presence is still something that's wieghing them down, but by no means take away from their overall capacity for creating games.  There's a difference between being lauded for DLC as a continuation of a great game and DLC being another cash cow.  No, they're not master of online, but they're getting a good grasp albiet slow.  

Nintendo?? Which specific studio are we talking about, after all we are speaking of developers and not publishers.
Nintendo owns many different studios remember and have worked with a bunch of other studios too.

Captain_Yuri said:

Pretty much this.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Captain_Yuri said:

If 'working' was an indicator of being the best, I vote the dev of thomas was alone the best dev ever.

That game works more flawlessly than any nintendo game.

Yes theres not many things that can go wrong compared to a nintendo game, but that argument can be applied to nintendo games vs those of other companies.