By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Safe to say the WiiU is worst selling Nintendo home console of all time.

KLXVER said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
The Wii U better have a quality Metroid title before it decides to go second term Wii. Besides XCX and maybe the next Zelda, what else is coming up over the horizon for the Wii U?

Do we know or have good reason to believe Splatoon will be a quality game?

Mario Maker

Yoshis Woolly World

Devils Third

Fatal Frame V

Star Fox

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Guitar Hero Live

Rodea the Sky Soldier

Been so long since a console Star Fox.  Still though, I'm not really feeling the list here.  Some of those might be good games when released, but I'm not particularly interested in any of them besides Star Fox.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
KLXVER said:

Mario Maker

Yoshis Woolly World

Devils Third

Fatal Frame V

Star Fox

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Guitar Hero Live

Rodea the Sky Soldier

Been so long since a console Star Fox.  Still though, I'm not really feeling the list here.  Some of those might be good games when released, but I'm not particularly interested in any of them besides Star Fox.

Its not the greatest line up, but Im sure the list will grow come E3

Metroid or else, much else...

Lube Me Up

KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

people arent spending hundreds of dollars to NOT play games. I dotn know why i even have to explain that, look at the software sales for the current gen, its not too shabby at least as far as PS4 and xone goes. Hell even the remasters are selling

People spend money on anything. The fact that the WiiU is selling so poorly kinda shows that games is not the main reason.

Wait, are you crazy? didnt you see what happen last gen when PS drop the ball, and ps3 had no games, everyone migrated, now nintendo and MS failed with their consoles, the Wii U is a 99% disney channel console, that had no games the first year (or ports)  and the MS made the mistake of introducion the Xbone as a very expensive DVR with skype and EULA for games.

People care very little about loyaty, what is true is that consoles snow ball, so the console that gains market share advantage at the beginning of the generation usually snow balls.

Nintendo also made the mistake of not being ready for HD development and contemporary networking features and that caused their first year had almost no games (aport from lesser ports), those were their biggest mistake.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

AEGRO said:
People want diversity, with Nintendo you simply don't have it. As much as some of you want to deny Third Party Games, they count just as much as an exclusive, and they are *NON-EXISTENT* on the Wii U.

We are at the 13th of May, and how many *RETAILS* Wii U games have released this year? ONE. Mario Party 10.

It is just unacceptable, people don't have the luxury to not like certain games on Nintendo platforms. Say that i don't like for example Mario. Well, there goes 70% of Nintendo consoles catalog.

Where are the new IP'S?
- Splatoon? Nintendo themselves admitted that it was going to be a Mario game, at the end they changed the coat of paint for Squids instead ---> http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-considered-making-splatoon-a-mario-game/1100-6422026/
- Wonderful 101? It flopped horribly. Blame the advertisement, blame the difficulty, blame whoever you want, the game flopped.

The Wii U is still 32GB for Christ sakes. Even casuals know better than that.

I could go on and on, the list of problems is HUGE.

The HDD sizes are actually quite comparable given the simlar relative size of digital games.

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
oniyide said:
Sony says hi and they didnt have the issues Wii u have with the PS3 or 4 or

Did you not see early PS3 games?

Sony doesn't support the PS3 anymore, third parties do. And Sony certainly doesn't support the Vita. They're only focusing on the PS4 right now.

Sony doesnt support the PS3? LBP3 says hi. And just casue SOny isnt doing AAA games on Vita doesnt mean it isnt getting any support, they just get smaller games which is fine considering how bad its been doing. The fact that they are still on the shelves means they are being supported in some capacity so yeah Sony says hey

oniyide said:
Sony doesnt support the PS3? LBP3 says hi. And just casue SOny isnt doing AAA games on Vita doesnt mean it isnt getting any support, they just get smaller games which is fine considering how bad its been doing. The fact that they are still on the shelves means they are being supported in some capacity so yeah Sony says hey

Okay, listen, I'm talking about things that take substantial time and resources to develop. Nintendo makes exclusive software for both of their platforms consistently. I'm sure porting LBP3 from the PS4 didn't take that much effort, and the same can be said for the small games the Vita gets.

Anyways, you're not even invalidating my original point because back in the day of the early PS3 + PSP, Sony still had issues with HD game development, just like how Nintendo had issues in the early days of the Wii U + 3DS.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

To say Nintendo is sucesfull on HOME console only with 1Sr party is a lie if we look at Nintendo Sales from n64 against PlayStation

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

KLXVER said:
DerNebel said:

Again, how could Take Two force Rockstar to do that? The Rockstar founders (who are to this day still the heads behind all the GTA games and other big Rockstar games) could in a scenario like that easily walk away from Take Two, take the good staff away with them, found a new studio and would have no problem getting funding for a new project they want to make, hell they could probably fund a couple projects on their own. It would literally take several financial flops from those guys before Take Two would be able to excert any kind of serious pressure on Rockstar, cause until then they know they can always go somewhere else.

The founders of Infinity Ward walked away. Didnt stop COD.

The founders of BioWare walked away. Didnt stop Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

It happens all the time...

its actually funny that you bring up Infinity Ward. You know they are the reason why COD skipped a year on Wii and MW1 didnt come out till way later. They didnt want to make it for WIi hence why Treyarch handled all the WIi games. Now if Infinity Ward has that much influence then surely Rockstar has the same.

oniyide said:
KLXVER said:

The founders of Infinity Ward walked away. Didnt stop COD.

The founders of BioWare walked away. Didnt stop Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

It happens all the time...

its actually funny that you bring up Infinity Ward. You know they are the reason why COD skipped a year on Wii and MW1 didnt come out till way later. They didnt want to make it for WIi hence why Treyarch handled all the WIi games. Now if Infinity Ward has that much influence then surely Rockstar has the same.

Link?