By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo results. Shipments: WiiU 340k, 3DS 1.65m, Wii 80k. $350m profit for full year.

retroking1981 said:
DanneSandin said:
ihatefatkatz said:
Fingers cross for decent results

I think they should be in the black considering they released MK8 and two SSB last year, and this year saw the launch of N3DS...

... don't forget amiibo.

Good thing I read ahead before quoting! Defintely this. The money from Amiibo was definitely a major major boost.

Around the Network

how much do we have to wait?

Tagged - but only because everyone else is doing it.

POE said:
how much do we have to wait?

Less than 4 hours I think. 

1. 7:00 AM ThursdayGreenwich Mean Time (GMT) is
    3:00 AM Thursday, in Toronto

Dunban67 said:
retroking1981 said:

The explosion of Pokemon in Japan in 96 and in subsequent years in the West probably has a lot to do with it too. Would be interesting to see Consoles and HHs seperately.

I agree-  it would

I also wonder which expenses Nintendo has cut and how much to shrink the company/overhead enough to be losing less money/making a small profit now-  seeing how they werre losing alot more money in previous years with higher sales

Well we would first have to see what caused the losses in the first place, in 2011 it was the huge price drop of the 3DS, in 2012-2013 was caused by Wii U being sold at a loss, not only that but by what I have read Nintendo was also using a lot of money on warehouses for all those Wii Us, and along that Nintendo was also getting plagued with lawsuits, one which was lost and caused to give like 3 dollars per 3DS sold. 

Now that is majorly gone, the 3DS is no longer sold at loss, the New 3DS using a different 3D technology doesn't need to pay those royalties, the Wii U being sold still seem to be leftover from the original order(as seen by the supposly discontinued basic pack still existing in Europe) so  no production for it to bring losses, the higher ups took a temporary salary cut, and as shown by amiibo, Nintendo has pushed back how much it produces to fill up warehouses, so all of those expenses have been lowered.  Last year, Nintendo also constructed some buildings and bought a mysterious tech company, so that contributed to their loss.

Though now all of that is out of the way, the majority of what is gained stays, and now with some extra income(compared to past years)from things like the MK8 DLC, amiibo, faceplates, 3DS chargers because of New 3DS, Hyrule Warriors DLC, etc.  

But this quarter will be interesting, since advertizing expense must be up by A LOT

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Around the Network
ihatefatkatz said:
Fingers cross for decent results

Same here. I think that the overall results will be good. Most of the things that contributed to Nintendo taking losses no longer apply.  (see: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7266536). The only thing that's up in the air is Nintendo meeting their Wii U sales target. They might do it, but it'll be close. They basically met it last year too IIRC.

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos

How much time till we get the numbers? =o

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:

About an hour and a half.

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos

MajorMalfunction said:
LipeJJ said:

About an hour and a half.

Thank you, kind sir. 

In that case, I'll get to bed ASAP. Will read about it when I wake up. =o

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

One hour to go. Tagged.