By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo results. Shipments: WiiU 340k, 3DS 1.65m, Wii 80k. $350m profit for full year.

tag

Around the Network

Last year, Nintendo revealed Pokemon ORAS a few hours after last year's meeting. I wonder if they will reveal Pokemon Z (or X2/Y2) after this year's meeting as well?

Ryng_Tolu said:
kowenicki said:

DAT 2008 SHIPMENT!!! Lol. xD

This is concerning from a Nintendo POV thoug specifically the drops from 2012 to 2013 to 2014. 

1995 was a bit of a weird year because it was the tail end of the SNES cycle but the Game Boy brand was also fizzling out by then. This is why the Virtual Boy was rushed to the market, because Yamauchi felt they needed something new to prop up declining Game Boy revenue. Of course then Pokemon releases in 1996 in Japan and that caused a second wind for the Game Boy brand. 

But generally speaking Nintendo has hovered above that 20 mill plus HH + console (actually more like 22 mill+) for most of the back end of the 90s and the GCN/GBA era. 

But now it seems like they can't even sniff that number. Even unifying the hardware lines, while addressing certain issues, doesn't address everything. 

kowenicki said:
RolStoppable said:

The first picture shows yearly shipments for home consoles. 3.41m for the current fiscal year so far, so they will just about meet the 3.6m forecast for the Wii U.

3.03m for WiiU so far in FY 2014.

So 0.38m of the 3.41m total is for Wii.

I was going to point out that,you should mention it in the op...

Yeah nintendo has 600k wii u aim for FQ4,in order to reach the 3.6M FY14 year,not impossible,it would mach gamecube same time frame quarter...

Ryng_Tolu said:
kowenicki said:

DAT 2008 SHIPMENT!!! Lol. xD

This is concerning from a Nintendo POV thoug specifically the drops from 2012 to 2013 to 2014. 

1995 was a bit of a weird year because it was the tail end of the SNES cycle but the Game Boy brand was also fizzling out by then. This is why the Virtual Boy was rushed to the market, because Yamauchi felt they needed something new to prop up declining Game Boy revenue. Of course then Pokemon releases in 1996 in Japan and that caused a second wind for the Game Boy brand. 

But generally speaking Nintendo has hovered above that 20 mill plus HH + console (actually more like 22 mill+) for most of the back end of the 90s and the GCN/GBA era. 

But now it seems like they can't even sniff that number. Even unifying the hardware lines, while addressing certain issues, doesn't address everything. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
RolStoppable said:

The first picture shows yearly shipments for home consoles. 3.41m for the current fiscal year so far, so they will just about meet the 3.6m forecast for the Wii U.

3.03m for WiiU so far in FY 2014.

So 0.38m of the 3.41m total is for Wii.

I was going to point out that,you should mention in the op...

Yeah nintendo has 600k wii u aim for FQ4,in order to reach the 3.6M FY14 year,not impossible,it would match gamecube same time frame quarter...

D'oh triple post. 

tagged

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

tag

kowenicki said:
tak13 said:

I was going to point out that,you should mention it in the op...

Yeah nintendo has 600k wii u aim for FQ4,in order to reach the 3.6M FY14 year,not impossible,it would match gamecube same time frame quarter...

added

+1 

So wii aim is 120k,since the FY14 aim is 500k and it's at 380k as of FQ3,I think it did half of that,vgc doesn't help me to be optimistic that it hit the aim but it would be great if it did but bad for vgc accuracy with wii...

Oh finally we will learn the LTD sales for many titles and for some that we last heard about in the previous fiscal year results announcement...

Curious to see if mario kart 8 keeps growing its attach rate and see how the ultimate battle of Mario kart 7 vs Pokemon X & Y goes,since mario kart 7 shows bigger legs(expected,if you know the trends...) 

Of course I care for the financial data but I'm positive, they will be very good and when you compare it to the last fiscal year...oh...They will be excellent,since for the FY13 it posted an operating loss of 339m euros(46B yen) and for the recently past fiscal year,I expect a 199m-222m euros operating profit,(27b-30B yen)...

For which thing do you care more kowen,being a stock holder means that it's related to financial data,but tell me specifically!:P