By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Konami wants 1 Million Sales of MGS4 in Japan Alone + Other Info

now so the story can be told in one loop.....

Around the Network

I think it is possible but unlikely that it will!

The sales in Others and the US will more than make up for it though :D

@mesoteto

BOOOO

you'll never kill the Big Boss...the DOGGY!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

its not impossible

@auron i made them

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Why does Konami want/think that they can sell more MGSs in Japan than they ever sold before there? Is it because the PS3 sells so great compared to the PS2?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing the PS3 here. I just want a bit of what Konami is smoking (or at least I probably would if I liked drugs). Even if the PS3 turns the table completely, MGS4 isn't going to sell one million in Japan unless there's a second coming of Jesus.

LOL

Nothing for or against your point, I just thought that was funny.

Never heard that before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

I think it can with bundling, but it would have to be pretty much a free game in the bundle and would have to run for a few months at least, how long have typical PS3 game bundles lasted in jpn so far? anyone know

@Benga: Yakuza sold less than MGS (740k and 680k). Other games are more casual than MGS and becouse current PS3 userbase isn't very casual MGS may sell better than those titles.
I think you agree becouse you actually haven't made straightforward conclusion from those examples and put MGS higher than DW, HSG and PES. I acutally agree with your number (I would put 700k for lifetime but 400k for first week is good).

@ mesoteto

Full of win!

The history of Metal Gear Solid sales doesn't matter...

You know how many people out there are absolutly hyped about this game...and have never played a single Metal Gear Solid?

So because of that alone, I'm sure it will not only outsell all previous MGS's, but will sell a million in japan...Thats what I think atleast