By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: MCC is “a Black Eye for Us” "Halo 5 Made By Completely Different Team", Says Frank O'Connor

jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:

So the MCC is now not a very good reason for skepticism anymore? Well good to see blunders like this are so easily forgotten.

If you read the article then you'd know the answer to that question.

I read the article, but I'm not gullible enough to just go "oh then everything's going to be alright" when someone from the company that fucked up the MCC says that they won't fuck this up because this time's a different team. After the MCC 343i and MS don't even remotely deserve that benefit of the doubt.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:

So the MCC is now not a very good reason for skepticism anymore? Well good to see blunders like this are so easily forgotten.

I read the article, but I'm not gullible enough to just go "oh then everything's going to be alright" when someone from the company that fucked up the MCC says that they won't fuck this up because this time's a different team. After the MCC 343i and MS don't even remotely deserve that benefit of the doubt.

Plenty of companies have fucked up things that don't deserve the benefit of the doubt on the next project yet I'm sure it was still given. I'm not sitting here going on hope when I say Halo 5's multiplayer is awesome. That 3 week beta was the best thing they could have done to show us how far the game actually is with gameplay polish and connections.

Development wasn't the issue.

Microsoft trying to react to Sony's success with a premature ejaculation and missing the target.

Still haven't touched the MCC multiplayer so far. But as far as i know the Halo 5 Beta worked really good. So right now i dont see any reason to expect Halo 5 will be the same mess.

jlmurph2 said:

Plenty of companies have fucked up things that don't deserve the benefit of the doubt on the next project yet I'm sure it was still given. I'm not sitting here going on hope when I say Halo 5's multiplayer is awesome. That 3 week beta was the best thing they could have done to show us how far the game actually is with gameplay polish and connections.

Ya I should think that when you have a beta like 10 months before launch and it's already working as well as it did, that should eliviate a whole lot of doubt. Also the circumstances of bringing 4 games from various periods of time and platforms together under one joint interface seems to me like quite a bit different a challenge than building one game from the ground up for a specific platform. Also, there is no reason to cast much doubt on them when they say that MCC and Halo 5 had/have different teams working on them. They are a huge studio, easily capable of splitting teams/workloads, and one would imagine that Halo 5 (an entirely new game) isn't something you can just delegate to the side for extended periods of time to work on MCC. Frankly I didn't even need to be told that there are different teams involved there, it's just common sense.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:

What kind of a non-point is that? Other companies were given the benefit of the doubt when they shouldn't have been, so it's fine to give 343 the benefit of the doubt when they shouldn't get it? That 3 week beta didn't include the complete multiplayer and in the next months there's still plenty of stuff that could happen that could fuck the whole thing up.

Also I should note that I'm not saying that Halo 5 will definitely be broken at launch, it may very well work perfectly, but to sit here and act as if there's no reason to be sceptical at this point in time is just burying your head in the sand an ignoring everything that happened.

Angelus said:
jlmurph2 said:

Ya I should think that when you have a beta like 10 months before launch and it's already working as well as it did, that should eliviate a whole lot of doubt. Also the circumstances of bringing 4 games from various periods of time and platforms together under one joint interface seems to me like quite a bit different a challenge than building one game from the ground up for a specific platform. Also, there is no reason to cast much doubt on them when they say that MCC and Halo 5 had/have different teams working on them. They are a huge studio, easily capable of splitting teams/workloads, and one would imagine that Halo 5 (an entirely new game) isn't something you can just delegate to the side for extended periods of time to work on MCC. Frankly I didn't even need to be told that there are different teams involved there, it's just common sense.

Yet somehow MCC is a prime example of why Halo 5 will be broken. Despite all the points made here.

DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:

What kind of a non-point is that? Other companies were given the benefit of the doubt when they shouldn't have been, so it's fine to give 343 the benefit of the doubt when they shouldn't get it? That 3 week beta didn't include the complete multiplayer and in the next months there's still plenty of stuff that could happen that could fuck the whole thing up.

Also I should note that I'm not saying that Halo 5 will definitely be broken at launch, it may very well work perfectly, but to sit here and act as if there's no reason to be sceptical at this point in time is just burying your head in the sand an ignoring everything that happened.

I'm not ignoring anything. I acknowledge that MCC's multiplayer failed and I'm highly disappointed that it took so long to be remotely playable. But I'm also not going to disregard the actual reasons MCC's multiplayer failed. It was a spread out project that was way too ambitious for the time period given.

Mr Puggsly said:
Its a shame that Halo:MCC being a mess at launch has completely overshadowed it becoming arguably the best software on 8th gen consoles.

And the 7th and the 6th...  Lets be honest when it comes down to original content even the Xone has a couple of titles that are way ahead of MCC.

OT: it was expected the itle seemed like an ambitious mess from the beginning. They should have only remastered them separatly and make it avaialble as digital download. Having connectivity issues months after release is not the sign of a AAA franchise. EVen Battlefield 4 and DC got their act together ina  timelier manner :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Its a shame that Halo:MCC being a mess at launch has completely overshadowed it becoming arguably the best software on 8th gen consoles.

And the 7th and the 6th...  Lets be honest when it comes down to original content even the Xone has a couple of titles that are way ahead of MCC.

OT: it was expected the itle seemed like an ambitious mess from the beginning. They should have only remastered them separatly and make it avaialble as digital download. Having connectivity issues months after release is not the sign of a AAA franchise. EVen Battlefield 4 and DC got their act together ina  timelier manner :?

Frankly, I dont believe anything offers more entertainment and value than MCC. Which is expected given its a bundle of four great games with multiplayer. Its something I believe will remain fairly popular throughout this console generation.

Its also been working great for several months now but some still its broken. BF4 was handeld by a major studio by the way. MCC was rushed and handled by small 3rd parties.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)